Suspension Setup For 5 WR450

2 replies to this topic
  • snmhanson

Posted April 14, 2005 - 01:54 PM

Maybe this belongs in the suspension section but since it's specific to the WR450 I'll try here first. First off I am 195 lbs advanced novice rider and ride trails and a local GP track with small jumps and such. Very rarely I ride a mellow MX track. Basically I want to find out if there is anyone that is similar size and rider-type as me who feels that their suspension is dialed in and is willing to give me their suspension settings. In particular I'm hoping to get some advice concerning what springs to use, oil and oil levels and clicker settings. This would give me a good starting point to go from. Thanks for any help.

Matt

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • GasAHolic

Posted April 14, 2005 - 09:24 PM

In particular I'm hoping to get some advice concerning what springs to use, oil and oil levels and clicker settings. This would give me a good starting point to go from. Thanks for any help.

Matt

I'm about 5'9", 225#, and at 46 (years taken off from riding), probably an intermediate / advanced rider. With my '05, I found the suspension to be too soft and improved the front and rear with RT 4.8 kg/mm front spring and 5.8 kg/mm rear spring. Very nice now :naughty:

• clark4131

Posted April 15, 2005 - 04:57 AM

I'm 6'0", 210 lbs. and ride very similarly to you. I put a Racetech 5.8 on the shock and went 4 clicks harder on the forks with no spring change. According to the RaceTech website, the stock springs are correct for my weight, so I just matched the compression and rebound with the back end. It took me a few trips up the street to an empty lot to get a good feel for it, but it's all good now...SC

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.