12oz WEIGHT OR 14oz for '01 426

7 replies to this topic
  • beasleys

Posted April 14, 2005 - 11:59 AM

What size Flywheel weight would you all get for a '01 426. 95% of my riding is on Florida trails that can either be very wet or very sandy and not much in between. I am a novice rider with only 8 months on the bike. I am at least going to go with the 12 oz weight but am not sure if I should go ahead and get a 14 oz just to make it that much better. The recluse would be nice but that price is out of the rising gas price budget right now.

• Goosedog

Posted April 14, 2005 - 02:36 PM

Try doing a seach on the subject, it's been discussed here quite a bit. Also check out Stealhy's website for thier suggestions. :naughty:

• tonka426

Posted April 14, 2005 - 03:48 PM

regear it to a 13/50 and do a 10oz, freaking awesome! I run setra enduros and scrambles perfect in sand or mud

• Crabtree426

Posted April 14, 2005 - 09:10 PM

From what most people are saying, the 12 oz. works best. Steahly has a chart for bikes and riding style to determine what is probably best. You should take a hard look at the 12. I personally am going to order the 10 oz. tomorrow (sorry Goosedog) but I've been riding along time and am pretty agressive in the woods.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Goosedog

Posted April 15, 2005 - 03:45 AM

I personally am going to order the 10 oz. tomorrow (sorry Goosedog) but I've been riding along time and am pretty agressive in the woods.

Hey no prob man, let us know how you like it. :naughty:

• ncmountainman

Posted April 15, 2005 - 06:17 AM

What size Flywheel weight would you all get for a '01 426. 95% of my riding is on Florida trails that can either be very wet or very sandy and not much in between. I am a novice rider with only 8 months on the bike. I am at least going to go with the 12 oz weight but am not sure if I should go ahead and get a 14 oz just to make it that much better. The recluse would be nice but that price is out of the rising gas price budget right now.

keep in mind that the rekluse adds about 8oz fww,so if you plan on getting it later you might consider going lighter.

• Btwick

Posted April 15, 2005 - 07:39 AM

I just received my 10oz. from Steahly. I ride tracks and trails and have been riding for awhile. I wanted to soften the mid-range hit, but not get rid of it alltogether.. Let you know how I like it when I get it installed..

Thx,
Brian

• Big Tuna

Posted April 15, 2005 - 08:28 PM

Just put a 4 oz on my 03 450 , its sweet!!! the power is smoother and less abrupt, and the engine braking is less. but i ride tracks mainly. :naughty:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.