Edelbrock?

8 replies to this topic
  • hill5150

Posted April 14, 2005 - 09:24 AM

I have just about everything needed for the pig, with the exception of the edelbrock, is it worth the extra 400.00? Really, I like to haul ass, don't get me wrong, but she runs great starts 2nd kick it does bog a bit on the street when hitting fourth/ fifth mid range to high? Is the low end snap a big noticeabledifference? :naughty: Ride on.............

• JackAttack

Posted April 14, 2005 - 09:49 AM

Is the low end snap a big noticeabledifference?

No.

You can get the stock carb pretty snappy with correct jetting.

IMHO, if your not racing it or wrecking it alot...spend the money elsewhere.

It works great for starting the bike quickly after an accident or stall. Also for elevation changes.

If you are racing it, it really helps with starting and stalling.

• hill5150

Posted April 14, 2005 - 09:56 AM

:naughty: Ride on, I am at 175 main and 68s pilot and right in the middle with the needle she runs great, so the 400.00 is better spent on booz and loose women at the Terrible 250 in two weeks............ :naughty: :D

• JackAttack

Posted April 14, 2005 - 10:07 AM

:naughty: Ride on, I am at 175 main and 68s pilot and right in the middle with the needle she runs great, so the 400.00 is better spent on booz and loose women at the Terrible 250 in two weeks............ :D :D

Exactly! :naughty: If I knew you were going to TT250 with an extra $400, I would have helped you drink some of that booze.

I am probably around the same altitude and environment as you. I found the 175 too rich and went with 172, back when I had the stock carb. I am currently running the Edelbrock. However, I do not know what other mods you have, such as exhaust. I am using a White E series w/12 discs.

:D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • qadsan

Posted April 14, 2005 - 10:07 AM

If you're bogging from mid to high in 4th & 5th, try using a main jet one size and see if that helps to make things a bit crisper up top. Then try a main jet one size larger and see if it makes things worse or better. You'll know which direction is the right way to go based on your seat of the pants dyno.

• hill5150

Posted April 14, 2005 - 10:16 AM

Yeah I'm running the xr's only full pipe, fully uncorked, drilled out side etc, the air/fuel mix screw I have srewed with a bit to get her to cool down a bit after running the water wetter and gm coolant she does not heat up at street lights and in glamis. I'm at the Beach so the main at 175 may be a bit rich? I have a 172 maybe I'll try that one and see.Can't wait till Vegas though.........Bikes,beer,babes and dirt.........and $ :naughty:

• frankstr

Posted April 14, 2005 - 12:03 PM

I just installed a Edelbrock yesterday, Going riding tomorrow..... :naughty:
So far I think its way worth it, But thats my opion.... :naughty:
I can twist the throttle as qwik as you can and it don't bog, It revs..
Try that with a stock carb, My stock carb worked great but that bog and the easy flooding is no fun..........

• hill5150

Posted April 14, 2005 - 03:11 PM

If one does decide to purchase the Edelbrock, is Barnums a good route? Or is it taking 2 months to do so :naughty:

• qadsan

Posted April 14, 2005 - 03:22 PM

Unless you find a dealer who happens to have them sitting on the shelf, then Barnums is as fast or faster than anyone. The timing issues are with Edelbrock in not being able to deliver a steady flow of product on demand. If you contact Barnums and if they don't have any in stock, then they'll contact Edelbrock to try and find out what the scoop is with production & lead times. Sometimes carbs are immediatley available and sometimes the wait it unbelievably long. Hopefully there's very little or no wait when you're ready to pull the trigger.

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  148 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.