Free Skidplate For WR 450Fs

7 replies to this topic
  • farkawi

Posted April 14, 2005 - 06:19 AM

A couple of my riding buddies fitted these to their WRs. Since I had one lying around........... :naughty:

http://i3.photobucke...awhad/skidl.jpg

http://i3.photobucke...awhad/skidr.jpg

• beakr

Posted April 14, 2005 - 06:48 AM

What is it? :naughty:

• BIGMatt

Posted April 14, 2005 - 07:00 AM

Is that a snow shovel?
GHETTO!!!!

• farkawi

Posted April 14, 2005 - 07:44 AM

I like the snow shovel...maybe I'll convert another to that purpose. It's a stock skid plate from an XT 500 Yamaha.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • J_DOGG

Posted April 14, 2005 - 07:51 AM

I'm gonna do that to my wifes DRZ 125 the stock plastic looks good but I'm sure will not do a dam thing if I or she hits something for real....

cool idea... you guys are crafty mo-fo's!

How did you get the bend in it?

• farkawi

Posted April 14, 2005 - 09:15 AM

It's a stock plate from a Yamaha XT 500. The only forming we did was to make sure it sat snugly against the frame rails...no more than 6 whacks with the BFH. It is wide enough to protect the engine cases from most hits. We ride a lot of rock infested single track.

• thumper_dad

Posted April 14, 2005 - 10:10 AM

The problem I see is that you welded it to the frame of the bike! :naughty:
I guess I am just way to pickey about the quality of stuff that go's on my bike.

Rock infested or not.

• Dunlop

Posted April 14, 2005 - 11:04 AM

It looked like the side of a keg to me.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.