What are the best Cams for a 1999 WR400?

2 replies to this topic
  • 99wr400

Posted April 13, 2005 - 09:27 PM

I have a really modified WR400 with a basically stock valve-train, and almost everything else has been modified or replaced with aftermarket stuff. What are the best cams to buy? Is There a better modification for the price than replacing the cams? Would a YZF426 intake cam and a YZF450 exhaust cam work better than aftermarket cams? I want as much power and torque as possible. :naughty:

Thanks in advance, Daniel

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tp3dxf

Posted April 16, 2005 - 10:17 PM

Check HotCamshafts web site. I put one of their auto deco cams in my 01426 and it was a great mod. Not the cheapest but a really nice cam.

• wkloiber

Posted April 17, 2005 - 06:28 PM

I have a 00' WR400F with a completely stock engine and an FMF Q Muffler and I was looking to get some more power to hang with my 426 and 450 buddies. Is a cam the best way to go. I looked at the hotcam website and they said that the cams worked better on the 426. Is a cam the best mod for a 400? I'm looking for more midrange to topend power but I don't want to loose my power at the lowend of the powerband.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.