Edelbrock carb

2 replies to this topic
  • frankstr

Posted April 13, 2005 - 05:12 PM

Well the big brown truck stopped by at noon today and i recieved my Edelbrock carb........ :D
Got it installed without a problem.. :D
I've gotta say, WOW i'm totaly pumped, No matter how fast i twist the throttle it does not bog, Spit, Cough, Hell, it revs right now.... :naughty: :D
I don't even have it dialed in yet, Going riding friday, Man its going to be like a new ride........
To you all that dont have a pumper carb, Man your really missing out..
I thought wheelies were easy before....No more stalling out on hill climbs.. :naughty:
Ill let everyone know after my first ride.......... :cry: :D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Max Power

Posted April 13, 2005 - 05:33 PM

Posted Image

• DualSport650

Posted April 13, 2005 - 08:26 PM

Yeah, the Edelbrock carb rocks. No bog, just instant power NOW! :naughty:

Here's a quick ride report from me - a newbie XR650R pilot...

I took my new (to me) XR650R out to the Central Oregon desert last weekend for my first day of riding it on the dirt and sand.

My XR is all uncorked except for the stock exhaust tip that's still in. Last week I just bolted on the new Edelbrock too. So, I take it out for my morning trail ride with my bro who rides a KLX400s. We're out riding around and I'm getting used to the BRP. I like it, but was not impressed with the power with the stock tip at all. It gives NO POWER and my bro was schooling me. Not good. :naughty:

So, I whip out the old crescent wrench again and un-bolt the stock exhaust tip and put it in my CamelBak. OK, I fire it up and take off. The bike now hauls FREAKING @#$%&!!! Absolutely stellar power and I'm having a blast railing through the desert trails and leaving my bro behind in a cloud of dust.

Nothing will slow the beast down, not deep sand, not sandy hills... NOTHING. The power blasts through anything, and by now I can't wipe the smile off my face I'm havin' so much fun. (It's a bit loud, but there's noone out there for miles.) :D

But it feels a little lean in the low to mid RPM's and has definite powerband that takes off at higher RPM's. So I go back to camp for lunch and get out the wrenches to dial in the Edelbrock.

Here's what it needed:

Use the clicker adjuster on top of the carb to richen the mixture a bit. It dials in the low to mid fuel delivery. It clicks like a suspension adjuster (read the manual on how to use it). I clicked mine 4 clicks richer - 4 clicks clockwise.

Now the thing has MUCHO power at LOW to MID RPM's and pulls like a FREIGHT TRAIN from idle to WFO!!! :cry: :D

Whoa, this is one fun bike.

Tomorrow my Yoshimura slip-on will arrive so I can keep the noise down and not scare the bambis or sandal wearin' hippys too bad.

I'm lovin' it... :D

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.