just uncorked my pig :eek:

7 replies to this topic
  • jamestoo

Posted April 13, 2005 - 12:15 PM

i've now been the proud owner of my brp for a week now and i'm pretty much used to how it handled in stock strangled form.

So as a follow up to a couple of previous posts this evening i started the uncorking i changed the rubber air carb collar popped in new 175 jet ,larger , collet needle and the 68s emulsion tube plus ripped off the snorkel and airbox blank, kicked her over and WOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!! :cry: :naughty: :naughty: :D :D

popped a wheelie in first and second straight off the drive...............

this is a seriously different bike with the uncorking done i havnt as yet changed or drilled the exhaust tip as i'm still waiting for the hrc insert part

all i can say is what a brilliant machine thanks to everyone so far for all the advise.

next project is to fit the HRC tip and drill the airbox cover

cheers for now James :D

• Eric Henion

Posted April 13, 2005 - 03:48 PM

Did the same thing last night and I am sorry for all the doubt. Just the ease of starting is worth it alone. The power that it now has is unbeliveable it was fast before but now it screams. How could I have waited so long to do this. Thanks to all who have posted info on this and thanks to THE PIG PEN and XR650R.NET

• hill5150

Posted April 13, 2005 - 03:49 PM

congratulations........ :naughty: :naughty: :D

• frankstr

Posted April 13, 2005 - 05:00 PM

Glad to hear the happiness......... :naughty:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • smashinz2002

Posted April 13, 2005 - 08:05 PM

Great Deal man!!! But, I'm telling you, the HRC 40mm exhaust tip is a must! Power will improve dramatically after you install the HRC tip (since you have already done all the other mods). And keep your stock headers, they are actually quite good, and provide superb low-end and mid-range performance, which translates into extremely potent acceleration.
If you live at an elev. of below 1000', try this for even more power. Run a 180 main jet, B3E needle in 3rd clip position, airbox drilled! Now, take the HRC exhaust tip, and cut that spark arrestor completely off where it joins the bell reducer exit area. Now, run some high octane fuel, and hang on!
Results: Low-end torque is increased noticeably, mid-range surges harder, top-end, which was non-existent, is now fairly decent.
None of the above mods will hurt the reliability of this engine, it's tough, and will hold up to years of hard riding.
Good luck with it whatever you do and have fun
L.L.
'00 XR650R/uncorked/jetted/street legal
Posted Image

• TimBrp

Posted April 14, 2005 - 03:27 AM

Nice! I was a skeptic at first too but as soon as you do it...you're like "dude try my bike, it's nucking futs!"...

• frogman

Posted April 14, 2005 - 03:44 AM

Big Red Pigs are keepers. I've had lots of bikes, but I've never had one I liked as much as my 650R.

• TimBrp

Posted April 14, 2005 - 04:48 AM

Total keeper. I'll never sell it and it'll probably outlast me.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.