Which Kneeguards (not kneebrace)

14 replies to this topic
  • Jackazz

Posted April 13, 2005 - 08:43 AM

Want something that protects well & breathes well too. I've not tried any yet, but would like my knees to last, & don't want anything that extends so far below my knee that it's touching my Tech 8's.

• ncmountainman

Posted April 13, 2005 - 09:28 AM

i use 'knee gaskets' from evs. they are made from neoprene and support your knee more than they seem. they also have a padded donut ring at the kneecap and are very comfortable. velcro closures and they also have 2 chain link rods running up each side for side protection. quality stuff,and not too expensive. they've been tested by a few rocks that would have laid my knee open without them :naughty:

• Canuck

Posted April 13, 2005 - 11:08 AM

rectors are good. made for skateboaders but very functional, reasonaby priced

• Tubo

Posted April 13, 2005 - 11:33 AM

Thor Force here. They strap on above and below the knee, are very comfortable and come up high on the thigh for those times when your leg gets slammed up into the bottom of the bars.

• mousemeat

Posted April 13, 2005 - 12:33 PM

Go to a skateboard/rollerblade/bmx/general sporting goods store and try a whole bunch of them on. I haven't been impressed with the quality of the motorcycle related stuff i have seen.

• catmanz440

Posted April 13, 2005 - 12:42 PM

:naughty: I have a pair of Thor Force Knee Guards, for the money, you cant go wrong, they have saved my knees many times now. :naughty:

• litrob15

Posted April 13, 2005 - 01:12 PM

Thor Force here. They strap on above and below the knee, are very comfortable and come up high on the thigh for those times when your leg gets slammed up into the bottom of the bars.

Excellent choice :naughty:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Jackazz

Posted April 13, 2005 - 01:28 PM

I like the look of the Thor Force Kneeguards but am concearned about them fitting wierd with my boots. You guys that use them have any issues? I wonder if they're available anywhere in the L/XL size for less than $60?

• Tubo

Posted April 13, 2005 - 01:45 PM

I like the look of the Thor Force Kneeguards but am concearned about them fitting wierd with my boots. You guys that use them have any issues? I wonder if they're available anywhere in the L/XL size for less than $60?

They worked great with my old Fox boots, my T30's, and my new Tech 6's. I can't vouch for any others. They sit a couple of inches down into the top of the boot which gives great protection from sticks, rocks, trees, get-offs etc from your toes to about half way up your thigh.

• DesertWR

Posted April 13, 2005 - 01:46 PM

I just bought the SIXSIXONE knee guards :naughty: . Really like the way they feel. Not too bulky and fit great w/ Boots

• Texas4play

Posted April 14, 2005 - 06:20 AM

EVS - great product, great price. I have the knee and elbow protection.

• litrob15

Posted April 14, 2005 - 07:08 AM

I have a pair of tech8 boots, and the Thor Force Kneeguards feel fine. They go into your boot just a little bit. Lots of protection. Very comfortable :naughty:

• doubledee

Posted April 14, 2005 - 04:09 PM

I have the Thor Force and the SIXSIXONE Ricochet. Both are great for about $50.00. The main difference about the Thor Force is it's thick at the shin guard area. If you have real big calf's that are taking up a lot of area in your boot you may want to look into the 661 Ricochet. It's much thinner in the area that slides into the boot. I'm built like a sea gull so I can wear either but normally wear the Asteriks cell knee braces until they get painfully uncomfortable then switch over. :naughty:

• Jackazz

Posted April 15, 2005 - 01:52 PM

...The main difference about the Thor Force is it's thick at the shin guard area. If you have real big calf's that are taking up a lot of area in your boot you may want to look into the 661 Ricochet. It's much thinner in the area that slides into the boot...

Thanks for the info DD, that is exactly the type of report I was hoping for. :naughty:

• DeltaT

Posted April 16, 2005 - 02:21 PM

rectors are good. made for skateboaders but very functional, reasonaby priced

I agree with Canuck. I use the Rectors with my Tech 8's and EVS PP05 Padded Shorts, and everything works well together - good freedom of movement, and those Rectors can take a hit - I know they have gouges in them but my knees don't!

Jim

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.