Anybody have a BIG GUN head pipe.....

9 replies to this topic
  • my98mugen

Posted April 13, 2005 - 08:05 AM

Anybody have a BIG GUN head pipe for there 650. and do you have any pictures?

it looks like the left pipe runs in the frame instead of out front.
must be close tolerance

i wanna see some pics!

• my98mugen

Posted April 13, 2005 - 03:33 PM

nice pic.
how is the performance on that system?
and the fit?

• DaveL

Posted April 13, 2005 - 03:45 PM

It is a very tight fit! The left cyl exhaust pipe is 'cheated' a bit where it connects to the cylinder head. It actually touches the stud on the right cylinder mount flange.
I can't speak to the performance as I only ran the drilled-out stock setup for one short ride.

Dave

• MrShred

Posted April 13, 2005 - 10:06 PM

I run the big gun, here's some pics...

http://community.web...306621910EQEBJH

Nice bike, I bet you're the talk of the neighborhood!

• my98mugen

Posted April 14, 2005 - 09:04 PM

come on...... nobody else

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bigtom17

Posted April 15, 2005 - 09:37 AM

Tirebiter, what do you use on your forks, are those seal savers or what. And how to they work for mud and dust?? I have a Big Gun pipe but personally don't care for it or the engineering, If I have to replace it would look elseware but again thats my opinion.

• mikekay

Posted April 15, 2005 - 04:26 PM

i have a Big Gun sitting in a pile next to the cracked cases, bent valves and worn sprockets...that pipe barely lasted a season. i think i lost 1-2 horsepower when it was on. Sure was loud...poorly fitting, prone to leakage, often re-packed, tarnished, and not cheap. Did i mention it was annoyingly loud and rattled to pieces after a few thousand miles?

• smashinz2002

Posted April 15, 2005 - 07:54 PM

I have my Big Gun race series headers and silencer out in the shed. The fit was terrible, the pipes cracked, the silencer literally fell apart and leaked.
Power was no good! Flattened the entire rpm range lessening the punch of the 650R. Ruined the normally massive low-end torque, no matter how the bike was jetted, and, last but not least, it was annoyingly loud and raspy.
PIECE OF JUNK those big gun pipes. Dont waste your money dude.

Here is a pic of my bike two years ago after I had somehow forced the pipes to fit on there, but the silencer mounting bracket would not line up anywhere close to fitting it's mount on the frame.
Also included is a pic of my bike as it appears now, in April '05, with the excellent stock headers back on.
Posted Image
Posted Image

• DaveL

Posted April 15, 2005 - 08:37 PM

Dayum, you gotta dump that a few times! It looks like its never been ridden!

Dave

• my98mugen

Posted April 16, 2005 - 09:06 PM

wow thanks for the input.

maybe a XR only pipe?

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 9 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.