Suspension best bang for the buck?

3 replies to this topic
  • bluethundaaaa

Posted April 12, 2005 - 08:34 AM

I would have to say yes. I have an 02 WR426F and I messed around with the stock suspension all of last year and never could get the bike to have proper static sag and race sag (I am 6'2" and weigh about 225 without gear). Also the bike always felt heavy in turns and would always push. So this year I sent my suspension off to Enzo (even though I was skeptical at spending $625 for suspension tuning) and had new springs and a re-valve done. Well I am a skeptic no longer :naughty:. All I can say is it rides like a different bike. I am way faster everywhere and it just handles unbelievably well. It is no longer a exhausting to ride even at speeds I could only dream of before. I have a perma grin :naughty: now whenever I ride it because it is so much more fun and it instills so much more confidence. When I buy a new bike the first thing I am going to do is spend some of my bling money on a suspension respring and re-valve. It just makes an awesome difference. :D

• DesertWR

Posted April 12, 2005 - 08:53 AM

I must agree. My '05 wore me out in the whoops. I revalved with Racetech Gold valves and put a heavier spring in the rear and it has been the best mod I've done to my bike yet. :naughty:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Jackazz

Posted April 12, 2005 - 09:48 AM

I must agree. My '05 wore me out in the whoops. I revalved with Racetech Gold valves and put a heavier spring in the rear and it has been the best mod I've done to my bike yet. :naughty:

Do the gold valves come as adjustable units (change the stack, etc.) with instructions and or baselines for weight & type of riding, or do they come "preset" from race tech? If they are "tunable", did you find it difficult to dial them in?

• DesertWR

Posted April 12, 2005 - 12:28 PM

Do the gold valves come as adjustable units (change the stack, etc.) with instructions and or baselines for weight & type of riding, or do they come "preset" from race tech? If they are "tunable", did you find it difficult to dial them in?

The kits come with different shims and it is based on your weight & riding style. I used their chart for my info & had the recommended shims installed based on my status as a pro :naughty: (just kidding) but once shimmed up, you should have no problems at all and you can adjust the normal dampening and rebound. Well worth the money!! :naughty:

Check em out: http://www.racetech.com/

If you do it yourself, you had better plan on atleast a 12-Pack!

"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.