Got Ass?

30 replies to this topic
  • thumper_dad

Posted April 12, 2005 - 05:13 AM

Well I don't and its a real problem when it comes to riding any real distance on a Yamaha with a paper thin seat.
I know Yamaha has to keep there bike looking good by making everything so slim but man why scrimp on the damn seat, its like having a crappy set of bars, you get rid of them day one.

My ass has no fat and around 25 + miles is starts to ache, now I know alot of guys get "Monkey butt" but this is crazy, I'm talking about having discomfort sitting down for a few days after riding.

Enduro Engineering makes a great seat for KTM and I am looking for something similar in comfort, any ideas or a web link would be greatly appreciated.

Oh and yes, I have a set of riding underwear (FOX) with pads sew in, they only help a little, its not a real cure for Monkey Butt from Hell. :naughty:

Thanks Guys.

Rich

• Goosedog

Posted April 12, 2005 - 05:37 AM

I saw a pair of dirt-riding shorts showcased on Twowheel Tuesday last week that had a tailbone pad from the waist line to the nether region. It seemed to me the perfect cure for monkey-butt. I think their company was called Crashpads, you could do a search. Hope that helps a little.

• thumper_dad

Posted April 12, 2005 - 05:38 AM

I will give it a shot.

Thanks Goose

Rich

• thumper_dad

Posted April 12, 2005 - 05:41 AM

IS THIS IT?

http://www.mtbz.com/...h_pads_2500.htm

???

• ETP

Posted April 12, 2005 - 06:07 AM

I'm very happy with my Guts Racing tall foam seat and cover.
Monkey butt no more! :naughty:

• mousemeat

Posted April 12, 2005 - 06:37 AM

I thought about getting a soft seat, but decided against it. I would rather have an uncomfortable seat because it forces me to stand more, which will ultimately make me a better rider.

Although it does give my co-workers plenty of ammunition for making fun of me when they see me leave the pub on friday all drunk and then i show up monday morning walking funny.

• Goosedog

Posted April 12, 2005 - 06:37 AM

IS THIS IT?

http://www.mtbz.com/...h_pads_2500.htm

???

Looks like it. :naughty:

• thumper_dad

Posted April 12, 2005 - 07:08 AM

I ordered a set of the crash pants, hope they work out.

Thanks for the info Goose.

Rich

• DIGITAL_SOLDIER

Posted April 12, 2005 - 07:28 AM

I would give a nod to the tall Guts seat and Factory Effex B3 cover. My WR has a plusher seat than Grandma's Caddy. (and you know how fussy old people are with car seats)

Or you could take up mountain biking and really discover what a sore ass is really about. The stock WR seat will seem like a marshmellow when you get back on it. :naughty:

• DesertWR

Posted April 12, 2005 - 08:45 AM

Well I don't and its a real problem when it comes to riding any real distance on a Yamaha with a paper thin seat.
I know Yamaha has to keep there bike looking good by making everything so slim but man why scrimp on the damn seat, its like having a crappy set of bars, you get rid of them day one.

My ass has no fat and around 25 + miles is starts to ache, now I know alot of guys get "Monkey butt" but this is crazy, I'm talking about having discomfort sitting down for a few days after riding.

Enduro Engineering makes a great seat for KTM and I am looking for something similar in comfort, any ideas or a web link would be greatly appreciated.

Oh and yes, I have a set of riding underwear (FOX) with pads sew in, they only help a little, its not a real cure for Monkey Butt from Hell. :D

Thanks Guys.

Rich

Try this out:http://www.antimonkeybutt.com/ :naughty: :naughty:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • treukauf

Posted April 12, 2005 - 09:23 AM

Hey I was in the same situation, but i'm really really cheap. So I just got a stapler( have to use an air powered one), and removed the seat cover and drilled about 300 holes where I knew my butt was going to be. HOly $h#t. It's almost like an xr now I love it. Rode 7 hours straight. before 2 was killing me.

• DesertWR

Posted April 12, 2005 - 09:26 AM

Hey I was in the same situation, but i'm really really cheap. So I just got a stapler( have to use an air powered one), and removed the seat cover and drilled about 300 holes where I knew my butt was going to be. HOly $h#t. It's almost like an xr now I love it. Rode 7 hours straight. before 2 was killing me.

How do you drill a hole with a stapler? :naughty:

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted April 12, 2005 - 08:26 PM

Got Ass? Yes I have more than enough and it still gets sore. :naughty: :naughty:

• ovrrdrive

Posted April 13, 2005 - 12:45 AM

I sem to recall hearing some people taking their seat cover off and either replacing the stock foam with memory foam or just adding some in there. The memory foam is dense and firm, but it forms to your shape relieving pressure.

The only thing that sucks is you have to buy an entire mattress pad to cut the piece off of.

I was thinking of trying that on my YZ too.

• thumper_dad

Posted April 13, 2005 - 04:42 AM

I took everyones advice and bought everything they mentioned :naughty: , My guts racing seat will be here by Friday, I sure hope this thing is as good as you all say.
It wasn't cheap.

Thanks again.

Rich

• Bamster

Posted April 13, 2005 - 05:09 AM

Your sitting down too much, stand up boy. :naughty:

• thumper_dad

Posted April 13, 2005 - 05:59 AM

I cant stand up all day long not to mention we take breaks and BS along the trail so I am sitting on my bike, after about 3-4 hours of riding I sit probably 2+ of those hours and thats about 1-1/2 hours too long for my arse :naughty:

You damn Canadians never have any thing good to say :naughty:

Later

Rich

• DesertWR

Posted April 13, 2005 - 07:13 AM

Thump,

Cut a piece of foam that fits your monkey ass and put in in your riding pants. :naughty:

• thumper_dad

Posted April 13, 2005 - 07:33 AM

LOL ! Yea and maybe I should change my name to Thumper_pants :naughty:

• bottomfeeder2

Posted April 13, 2005 - 07:40 AM

Thump,

Cut a piece of foam that fits your monkey ass and put in in your riding pants. :naughty:

You can buy those at the market pre-made: "Depends"

And with Depends, you won't even have to stop to pee.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.