Mouse McCoy's Baja 1000 650R

25 replies to this topic
  • qadsan

Posted April 13, 2005 - 10:14 AM

anyone else think 80 bucks for that Baja Designs oil tube is a little steep??

It's worth as much as people are willing to pay. To me it's a bit steep because I know what it takes to make this and I can get the parts of my choosing locally for under $50. For the people who are super busy or don't have access to the parts or just want to be done with it quickly or want a complete package, then it's going to be worth more to them. I don't think $80 is unreasonable, but for the people who have a little time on their hands or who like to tinker and have a local parts supplier, then it may be more worthwhile doing it yourself.

• pchansen

Posted April 13, 2005 - 10:30 AM

As always, thanks for the input!

• jsud

Posted April 13, 2005 - 08:19 PM

Hey, just saw the bike today at Berkeley Honda. The "Dust to Glory" XR650R is the very same bike that won Class 30 in the 2002 Baja 1000. It belongs to Scott Dunlavey--he and Mouse got 3rd overall, I think. They said that the oil tube is from Baja Designs and the footpeg was made by a friend of Scott's at Honda. It looks like the release lever is from an XR600, probably to clear the quick-adjust clutch. Very cool!! :naughty:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MrShred

Posted April 13, 2005 - 09:59 PM

That bike's TOO COOL, all it needs is a California plate! I also like the stock handguards, obviously MM doesn't fall or get roosted much...

• pchansen

Posted April 14, 2005 - 05:01 AM

I too went and saw Mouse's bike yesterday, had a nice talk with Scott. Very cool shop. Lot's of XR650 stuff too. After seeing the bike in person and some of the mods, the oil tube and the footpeg fix are on deck for May.

• smartypants

Posted April 14, 2005 - 04:32 PM

say -pb1963- the manual compression realise is the black clamp, just right of the clutch lever clamp. it's off an xr 600,400 or something. the lever is pointed down in a blind spot. i grabed my c/r the other day missing the clutchon a nasty hairedover trail dumped the motor right now man. the clutch and c/r combo looks cool but i don't like it for bushwacking trails in montana, i'm thinking of changing it to my 600,400 c/r perch. McCoy's bike is trickshit!

Related Content

Can anyone identify this xr600 piston? by ms_mtn24

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 4 replies

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

What was your path to Beta? by officialhopsof

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Beta
  • Hot  79 replies

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.