Where to buy a power up kit for 650R

7 replies to this topic
  • cdonowho

Posted April 11, 2005 - 03:50 PM

Is there some place I can buy a power up kit, or is it a build your own kind of deal?

Thanks,
Clayton

• XRoverall

Posted April 11, 2005 - 05:12 PM

Check the classifieds here on TT. I saw one there yesterday.

• frankstr

Posted April 12, 2005 - 04:52 AM

Do you just want to uncork it or bump up the compression and change cams.. :naughty:
Either way try ( Service Honda ).........

• pb1963

Posted April 12, 2005 - 07:33 AM

Here is a good start

http://cgi.ebay.com/...&category=35596

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mikekay

Posted April 12, 2005 - 07:56 AM

Power up kit.

That can mean three things:

1) a simple 'uncorking' procedure that includes replacing the OEM parts with other Honda parts that include less- restricted muffler, intake manifold, airbox, re-jetting the carb, and removing the smog pump in Cali. Very common procedure on the BRP.

2) a Honda HRC performance kit that includes a heavy duty cam chain, high compression piston, cam, outline of a performance exhaust, and related parts. In the USA its available from Honda of Thousand Oakes in California (the sole USA importer of all HRC performance parts). These are the performance parts made by Honda for racing the 650R. Very common on Baja race bikes.

3) then there is the option of putting in non-HRC/Honda performance parts. Kibblewhite valves, a 680 piston from Wiseco, a Carilo rod, XR's Only cam, performance exhaust, and edelbrock carb being the most common - but theres lots more. These parts can also be used with some of the HRC/Honda parts (like the cam chain) to personalize a bikes performance.
A few guys have gone all the way and put all the stuff on. It makes for a wild ride.

hope that helps.

• cdonowho

Posted April 12, 2005 - 06:40 PM

Thanks for the info guys. I just picked up a 2000 model that is bone stock and needs to be uncorked. I stumbled across "the pig pen" and found a list of part numbers for the carb needle, jets, etc. and basic uncorking instructions. That should get me started.

Clayton

• smashinz2002

Posted April 12, 2005 - 07:47 PM

What part of Texas are you from? Just curious, I'm near Dallas.

• cdonowho

Posted April 13, 2005 - 12:53 PM

Dripping Springs. Not many places close by to ride my WR450, so I'm gonna dual sport a pig. :naughty:

Related Content

Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.