yz timing dvp 4# 45pilot 168 main want to run a HS tomorow will this jetting be OK

2 replies to this topic
  • fred

Posted November 04, 2000 - 01:28 PM

I just changed my timing, went to get a 178 main but they didn't have one, would the 168 be safe to run..
slow tight track 2nd 3rd gear...
still have the wr silencer no baffle..
seems to run ok but top end is a little weak..

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • James_Dean

Posted November 04, 2000 - 07:23 PM

Fred,
Yes, the 168 can be run without a problem. A friend ran 2 years on his WR without ever changing out the 168 on YZ timing. Part of it on the same exhaust.

James

• Clark_Mason

Posted November 04, 2000 - 07:58 PM

Fred

The entire set up sounds a little lean to me unless you are at altitude. DVP #5 and a 48PJ with the fuel screw at 1.0 to 1.5.. You can probably get by with the MJ at 168 but with the DVP I would not run less than a 172 with a t175 to 180 preferred.

Clark

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.