How the Dealers Lie!

10 replies to this topic
  • DesertWR

Posted April 11, 2005 - 10:00 AM

When I 1st bought my bike, I told the dealer to do the mods and put on the E2 pipe. They said they would rejet the carb for the pipe and put in a 48 pilot. I took it apart last night and what do you know-It had a 45. I even asked them when I picked it up if they had put in the 48 and they assured me they had. I'm done with these bozo's :D Rejetted my carb, Installed the AIS kit, changed my pipe and installed my IMS 3.4 Gallon tank all within about 4 beers. And I don't even know what I'm doing :naughty: :D Here's to the dealer- :naughty:

• sleeman

Posted April 11, 2005 - 10:03 AM

How do you know that it wasnt the mechanic who FORGOT to install it and lied to cover his own ass?

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted April 11, 2005 - 10:04 AM

Rejetted my carb, Installed the AIS kit, changed my pipe and installed my IMS 3.4 Gallon tank all within about 4 beers. And I don't even know what I'm doing :naughty: :D Here's to the dealer- :D

I love the beer scale... :D :naughty:

• DesertWR

Posted April 11, 2005 - 10:07 AM

How do you know that it wasnt the mechanic who FORGOT to install it and lied to cover his own ass?

If so, he represents the dealer doesn't he. If you buy a GMC truck and have probelms you don't take it to GMC, you take it to the dealer regardless of who works on it :naughty:

• jasv11

Posted April 11, 2005 - 10:20 AM

This kinda shit happens way too much.
Even with the shops around me.

I remember picking up my new sled from the polaris dealer and discovering after I brought it home that none of the grease fitings had any grease.

I paid for dealer prep but what did I get for it?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bottomfeeder2

Posted April 11, 2005 - 12:39 PM

So can we play "guess the dealer"?

My guess is SC Motors in Newhall:

A) You're in So Cal (based on the ill-fated day at Randsburg).

:naughty: Nobody leaves a bigger trail of pissed off customers than SC Motors.

Other guesses?

• Gadsen

Posted April 11, 2005 - 01:43 PM

If so, he represents the dealer doesn't he. If you buy a GMC truck and have probelms you don't take it to GMC, you take it to the dealer regardless of who works on it :naughty:

Keep in mind, all dealers are independently owned. They have a franchise to sell the Yamaha, and it has some requirements, but they are independent, not manufacturer owned. If you were charged for a jet and didnt get it, you need to take back the slip and get your money back. The store may know nothing about it, you may have a lazy tech who lied on the repair order and said he did it. You could fix 2 problems, you'r refund and the termination of a worthless lying tech.

• DesertWR

Posted April 11, 2005 - 01:46 PM

So can we play "guess the dealer"?

My guess is SC Motors in Newhall:

A) You're in So Cal (based on the ill-fated day at Randsburg).

:naughty: Nobody leaves a bigger trail of pissed off customers than SC Motors.

Other guesses?

Just a little farther north- We're in Visalia, CA- Should have known better I guess when the Service Mgr didn't know what a starter jet was even though it is listed in the Yammy parts manual :naughty:

• DesertWR

Posted April 11, 2005 - 01:49 PM

Keep in mind, all dealers are independently owned. They have a franchise to sell the Yamaha, and it has some requirements, but they are independent, not manufacturer owned. If you were charged for a jet and didnt get it, you need to take back the slip and get your money back. The store may know nothing about it, you may have a lazy tech who lied on the repair order and said he did it. You could fix 2 problems, you'r refund and the termination of a worthless lying tech.

Toyota,

You're absolutely right-I guess I just expect better being in the service industry myself :naughty:

• Gadsen

Posted April 11, 2005 - 02:49 PM

Toyota,

You're absolutely right-I guess I just expect better being in the service industry myself :naughty:

Well, the saying goes. A shop is only as good as their worst tech! :D As a tech for a dealership, I know how folks feel when it comes to this stuff. We are a first class store, and any tech doing this dishonest stuff would be out of work in short order. Management wont tolerate it at all. I treat everyones vehicle as if it were my own and when I'm done, you'd never know I had it apart, ie all hardware, clips in the exact location. Of course, I've been there for 16+ years, and our senior tech has been there for 34 years! That makes me the "new guy" :naughty: :D

• DesertWR

Posted April 11, 2005 - 03:05 PM

I've been there for 16+ years, and our senior tech has been there for 34 years! That makes me the "new guy" :naughty: :D[/QUOTE]

16 years and still a newbie - That sucks :naughty: :D

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.