Suspension???

8 replies to this topic
  • cgrlvr35

Posted April 11, 2005 - 09:51 AM

Submitted this in the suspension thread. Im looking at new suspension. Im 250lbs at 6'4" i have a 05 WR450. I assume the suspension is for a 190lb person. I cant lose that much weight. Local dealer with race tech said do rear and front, $1100.00 Anyone have anythoughts or recommendations on someone else that will do a great job and maybe less than the price that I was given by my dealer. anyone in Portland area or within two hrs. My riding is all types. I race WORCS offroad.

Let me know. Thanks all

• DesertWR

Posted April 11, 2005 - 10:05 AM

$1100.00??? I put in Racetech Gold Valve kits and a 5.6 Rear spring for under $500.00 - :naughty: ordered all from Racetech

• SteveWR450F

Posted April 11, 2005 - 10:31 AM

I also live in the Portland area. The problem with my O4 was that it was a little too tall for me and top heavy feeling. I am 5 ft 11 inches, 200 pounds. I talked to Beaverton Honda - Yamaha and they offered to lower and revalve the bike for around 1200 bucks.

So I searched around and found Devol in Washington - look at their website. They charged half that amount and the bike performs great. Royce Devol does most of the suspension work and he even had a friend pickup my bike from portland and take it to their shop roundtrip for $50 bucks. They do good work.

SteveWR450F

• cgrlvr35

Posted April 11, 2005 - 01:12 PM

Thanks Steve,
I spoke with Royce. He will get my business. screw the dealer. Holy smokes. royce will save me about $700.00

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Cedric

Posted April 11, 2005 - 01:53 PM

SteveWR450F,

Obviously none of my business and everyone is entitled to do whatever they want, but aren't you a bit tall to be lowering your bike? You are taller than I am, and I can't imagine lowering my bike and losing that suspension and clearance.

• ISBB

Posted April 11, 2005 - 02:04 PM

what about mxtech out in pheonix... :naughty:

• SteveWR450F

Posted April 11, 2005 - 02:34 PM

Cedric,

No offense at all. My bike was lowered by about two inches. Now I can sit on the bike and more than my tip toes touch but not completely flat footed. I mainly trail ride/hill climb and when things get scary I like to be able to put my feet down. If I MXed the bike at all, I probably would not have lowered it all. Maybe I have a short inseam compared to you. Maybe thats what happened when my parents dropped me on my head when I was a baby.

Steve

• AHRMA17L

Posted May 24, 2005 - 03:55 PM

I also live in the Portland area. The problem with my O4 was that it was a little too tall for me and top heavy feeling. I am 5 ft 11 inches, 200 pounds. I talked to Beaverton Honda - Yamaha and they offered to lower and revalve the bike for around 1200 bucks.

SteveWR450F

Holy cow! How generous of Beaverton Honda. I am suprised there weren't freight and setup fees on top of that!

Why anyone goes to those guys is beyond me.

• Fightingmoose

Posted May 25, 2005 - 01:13 AM

I just had my suspension serviced and revalved. New spring on the shock.
Ran me $500.00. I live in Vancouver Wa. I took my suspension to Pro Motion Suspensions in Vancouver Wa. His name is Dave Taxel. It's in the phone book. The Guy really knows his stuff.

Derek.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.