Mixture screw AKA ???

4 replies to this topic
  • Narrdo

Posted April 11, 2005 - 05:04 AM

I have been reading early posts about the mixture screw in 05 WR 450. I have been told that with the free mods done, I am probably running a little lean. However, the manual does not list a "mixture screw" in the carb diagram.

Can anyone tell me what the part would be called in the manual so that I can change out to a zip T. Is it going to be difficult to get to? Help with location and diagram would be usefull too.

• beakr

Posted April 11, 2005 - 05:49 AM

Do a search in this forum for "fuel screw" and you'll get all kinds of good info.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RADRick

Posted April 11, 2005 - 11:54 AM

Part of getting green stickered on the '05 was to make the idle mixture screw inaccessible. Fortunately, this is easy to overcome. Looking at the bottom of the carb, there is a tower with an aluminum plug over it. Remove the plug and you'll have access to the screw. Carefully drill a small hole in the plug, thread a sheet metal screw into it enough to let you pop the plug out. The screw will be visible underneath it.

• Narrdo

Posted April 11, 2005 - 12:30 PM

Thank You, for the map. Sounds like the carb is going to have to come off.

• RichBaker

Posted April 11, 2005 - 02:57 PM

#24, pilot screw set, on Yamaha's online 'fiche.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.