FMF System w/ Barnum Airbox Kit on WR450

4 replies to this topic
  • clark4131

Posted April 10, 2005 - 07:02 PM

I just installed the Barnum's Pro Airbox Kit to complement my PowerBomb/Q2 setup. I figured the bike should suck as well as it blows :naughty: . One question though...I was running a 170 main, #40 Leak and Boyesen Quickshot which totally cured my off-idle bog, but with the addition of the Barnum's, the bog is back. I've gone all the way up to a 178 Main and that cured most of it, at least it doesn't stall now with a snap of the throttle from idle. Also, the bike no longer responds to any fuel screw input. I was thinking about going to a 180 Main and having a 182 on hand just in case. My thinking though is that I may be getting too rich and might start to foul plugs. Perhaps I should look into going smaller on the leak jet as well. I'm just not sure where to go next...SC

Current Settings:
178 Main
45 Pilot
65 Starter
40 Leak Jet
80 PAJ
JD Red #4
Boyesen Quickshot ACV Cover
Fuel Screw: 0 Turns (No Response)
Temp: Mid 60's
Elevation: 5000'
Airbox: Snorkel-ectomy & Barnum's Airbox Kit

Result: Small Off-Idle Bog, No Fuel Screw Response

• clark4131

Posted April 11, 2005 - 10:27 AM

Anybody?

• ncmountainman

Posted April 12, 2005 - 05:10 AM

the main has nothing to do with the off idle bog,what you've done is richen the main so much its overlapped the pilot circuit(which is the reason you have no adjustability) put in the 48 pj with a 170 main still on 4th clip :naughty:

• clark4131

Posted April 12, 2005 - 07:20 AM

I switched back down to a 172 and that helped, but I haven't changed the pilot yet. I wanted to change the PAJ to a #100, but it's backordered everywhere. I also tried a 170, but still had no fuel screw adjustment. Won't increasing the Pilot make matters worse with regard to the fuel screw?...SC

• ncmountainman

Posted April 12, 2005 - 09:32 AM

pull the a/f screw all the way out and make sure the tip hasn't broken off,sometimes if turned in too tight when setting it'll snap the little tittie up in the seat. be careful there is a spring ,washer,and o-ring up there :thumbsup:if its good try the 48, most everyone with aftermarket exhaust is running the 48pj, i can only run the 45 after it turns 90'F. and i ride at 4500' ? these are just my thoughts and experience,i'm definately no pro-fessional :naughty: where are all the pro-fessionals when ya need one? kinda like cops :naughty:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.