Its Me that kid who wants to get a WR

4 replies to this topic
  • vandan2k

Posted November 03, 2000 - 09:43 PM

Hi im that 15 year old again. I just want to know how the bike would be for easier for me to handle if i left the throttle stop in and the exhaust. could it be easier to handle if i left that in. does that make it a pretty tame bike.
OH yea. Im 15, 6', 140lbs and growing, should i get the XR 400 or WR 400.

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted November 04, 2000 - 07:27 AM

15 years old?
I wouldnt discriminate against anyone because of their age but if I was to give a 15 year old some advice on what bike to get I would definatly tell him to get the XR. If you have substantial riding abilitys (be honest, because if you dont you could regret your decision) then I would say you would probably enjoy riding the WR in the dez. (Didnt I read somewhere you ride out west?)
Finally, I would recommend leaving the stop in, but as far as the exhaust goes I wouldnt think that would make a extreme difference either way. Its gonna be pretty hard to make this bike "tame".
You did mention you are 6', so thats definatly in your favor because I have always considered the WR a fairly tall bike.
Good luck and let us know what you come up with!

Darin from Missouri - 1999 WR 400F

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted November 04, 2000 - 02:17 PM

i am 15 years old 135 pounds and 5/9. I really like my wr and i would recomed it to any one. I chose this over the xr because of motor, suspension and weight. The xr is a good bike but the wr is a step above it.

• Steve_Morgan

Posted November 06, 2000 - 12:38 PM

My 16 year-old son is 155 lbs, about 5'11 and growing. He LOVES to ride my WR. He rides a DR strictly for financial reasons. Plus, I'd never be able to catch him if he had a WR! :)

• Scott

Posted November 06, 2000 - 01:01 PM

Yank that throttle stop! You can always ride a fast bike slow, but you can't ride a slow bike fast! Get rid of it!

99WR,WR timing,throttle stop removed,Uni filter,E-Series pipe,carbon air box,Pro Tapers,lights removed,YZ tank,13 tooth sprocket

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.