Compression on 650L

2 replies to this topic
  • trigger03

Posted April 10, 2005 - 07:30 AM

Does anyone know what the stock compression psi should be for a 01 xr650L.
I read somewhere about doing a "dry test"/wet test" and if the compression on the dry test was low, and a couple of squirts in the cylinder increased the psi results, that the rings were probably bad. Does anyone know the proper procedure?

Also, what about putting 100 psi shop air into the cylinder and checking the intake and exhaust for leaks. Is this the procedure for checking for leaking valves??

Any other info would be helpful.

BTW, one of my buddies owns a DRZ 400S, what do you guys think of those bikes???
:naughty:
Trigger

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • trigger03

Posted April 10, 2005 - 03:18 PM

How about just sending me a link to where some info might be???
Thanks

• LotsOfBikes

Posted April 10, 2005 - 11:47 PM

These questions can be answered in the XR650L Shop Manual. In my case. it is downstaris in the garage where it is cold. I'll cleck on Monday afternoon and get back to you.. I gotta go to bed now because I have to be up in four hours for work :naughty:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.