Re-packing exhausts?

1 reply to this topic
  • doctorchopper

Posted April 10, 2005 - 05:02 AM

I want to re-pack my exhaust (doma racing pipe), just wondering if there are any tricks to doing this as i've never done it before. Do you wrap the packing as tight as you can, or loosly pack it? Any ideas on the best packing to get, as it is now the bike is loud as hell, I don't mind, but the neighbors probably do.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • billygoat

Posted April 17, 2005 - 09:11 AM

Wrap it tight and put masking tape around it to hold it together. The packing supports the exhaust core, so loose is bad. I've tried several types of packing including the stringy stuff(silent sport). I keeping coming back to the sheets of fiberglass and haven't seen any difference in performance, so cheaper is better in my book. I found this company in AZ called Quiet Products that specializes in this sort of thing. www.quietiscool.com

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.