Need someone with access to a XR650R and with a tape measure...

4 replies to this topic
  • Ledrocnoc

Posted April 09, 2005 - 10:27 PM

I've done with my current project and it's time to start something new...

I've been playing with the idea of building a Supermoto, something different!

Right now I am considering starting with a XR650R, slapping an inverted fork (CR), big brakes, 17 wheelsand ... a singled sided swingarm from a 650NT or VFR!

Why? Why not!

So... Before I sink the $ into getting the bike and the parts, I need to do a little bit of feasibility. The front end seems like a no brainer from what I'lve read on various forums, but I wasn't able to find any single sided rear end conversion.

It either means.. 1) it can't be done, 2) nobody ever thought about it before, or 3) it's really useless / stupid!

Hoping it's because of #2, I would need someone with access to a BRP to take a few measurements for me (doesn't need to be ultra precise...). I am looking for the following (see enclosed pictures). Hopefully this can be done without taking the bike apart :-)

Thansk for the help.

Posted Image

• Ledrocnoc

Posted April 10, 2005 - 01:35 AM

BTW, here is a photo of what the finished project might look like

Posted Image

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bikemadtim

Posted April 10, 2005 - 01:46 AM

I have tried to measure the swinging arm for you but without some more precise measuring gear I can't get you accurate measurements. I can tell you that the length of the swingarm from centre to centre is 21.5" or 550mm, that's your Red length measurement. I can't get accurate other measurements sorry.

Piccy of my bike (correct except I have removed the Black fork gaitors)

Hope this helps a little

• Red_Devil

Posted April 13, 2005 - 10:51 AM

Here ya go, from the spare swingarm I'm using to check dims for my own XR650R SM creation (now 90% complete with F4i front end and an F2/F3 rear wheel):

"Outside": 200mm
"Inside": 100mm

Gotta love how Honda's engineers design many of their parts so the dims are even numbers!!

BTW- if you need any other dims or any advice (I've learned a lot the hard way!!) feel free to ask. :naughty:

• Guest_cbrcrx_*

Posted April 15, 2005 - 01:20 PM

I have a Hawk GT (NT650) and an XR650R. E-mail me if you need any specific measurements.

Related Content

What was your path to Beta? by officialhopsof

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Beta
  • Hot  79 replies

1993 XR600R rebuild by ove

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  41 replies

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.