Motor died, big bore time

5 replies to this topic
  • jonova

Posted April 09, 2005 - 05:10 PM

At the end of my ride today my WR426 all of a sudden started to backfire and wouldn't idle. My guess is that the top end finally died. I have almost 5000 miles on the bike, does this sound right?? I'm thinking that is has something to do with the ignition timing, any thoughts??

Posted Image

• wr450fyamaha

Posted April 09, 2005 - 05:25 PM

3000 is nothing for a 4banger

• jonova

Posted April 09, 2005 - 05:27 PM

It has been mostly dunes and wide open desert riden near the rev limiter. I ment 5k not 3k. Still I know that is not much.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • toyota_mdt_tech

Posted April 09, 2005 - 05:29 PM

At the end of my ride today my WR426 started to back fire and wouldn't idle. My guess is that the top end finally died. I have almost 5000 miles on the bike, does this sound right??

Well, the image didnt help me in diagnosing your problem. But I'd be willing to bet you have either a fuel delivery or a spark problem, and I'd start with the spark area first!

• jonova

Posted April 09, 2005 - 05:30 PM

toyota_mdt_tech, thanks.

• jonova

Posted April 12, 2005 - 11:40 AM

well I think that I have found the problem with my bike. I kicked it the other day and no luck starting it. I put the choke on and it fired right up first kick. I let it idle for a couple seconds and then turned the choke off and it died. I believe that my idle circuit in the carb is plugged, something isn't right in the carb. What a relief, I was worried it was going to be much much worse. :naughty:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.