Clarke 4.7 Installed on 650L

6 replies to this topic
  • Xr650LMartin

Posted April 09, 2005 - 09:05 AM

I just finished installing my new Clarke tank on my L. The fit is perfect. Just put on the rubber mounts and bolt in place! I also bought some graphics to put on it. Should I wait a few days before putting them on? The tank is now full of gas and i was thinking it could prevent bubbling to wait a few days. My graphics are perforated.

Thanks, Martin

• justicedone

Posted April 09, 2005 - 11:12 AM

Everyone has run 5 or so tanks through it before applying graphx, even with holes. The plastic breathes the vapors for a while I hear. Then your good 2 go.

Can you post a link or pic to the grafx you got, I am getting the same tank soon for my 03 and am looking for nice stix.

thx

• Xr650LMartin

Posted April 09, 2005 - 02:05 PM

http://www.denniskir...ix/fx040103.jpg

Thats the set I got! I will have to trim a little to fit good. The graphics are larger than I tought. They are on sale at 26$ at Denniskirk! You will find them in the Xr600 section

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • justicedone

Posted April 09, 2005 - 06:52 PM

would be nice to see how they look after install...hope they look cool :naughty:

• HondaXR650L

Posted April 10, 2005 - 10:42 PM

Do they sell a locking gas cap for the Clark? I know they sell one for the 5.0 tank

• Xr650LMartin

Posted April 11, 2005 - 05:34 AM

I really dont know about the locking cap

• Misfit

Posted April 11, 2005 - 04:18 PM

I have the same tank on my L and I love it. Only I wish I would have gotten the red one instead of white :naughty: I wanna get graffix for it but Im affraid they will bubble right away.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.