WR air filter cleaning (Part II)

1 reply to this topic
  • WaGuy78

Posted April 08, 2005 - 07:25 PM

Ok guys, I just cleaned my air filter for the first time. Here is what I did.

Cleaned it with kerosene. I let it dry fairly well, then I cleaned it with warm water and got 98% of the little particles out of it.
I then let that dry for a couple hours and sprayed a buttload of PJ1 oil into it and worked it around.

Here is my dilema. I used to use gas to clean my old filter on my KDX, then I would put on the PJ1 and it would be really tacky. On this one, it doesn't feel tacky at all after putting the oil on. :naughty: I am guessing that it wasn't completely dry when I oiled it...

Is this a bad thing? I think when I was using gas before, it evaporated quicker, and I never did the water on the old one.

I am going for what is probably going to be a really wet, muddy ride tomorrow, and I want to make sure that I am all good.

Sorry if I am a little parinoid, but I don't want to mess up my baby! :naughty:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • clark4131

Posted April 08, 2005 - 07:32 PM

Lather, rinse, repeat...SC

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.