New Alaskan Member

13 replies to this topic
  • Thumper_426

Posted April 08, 2005 - 06:02 PM

:naughty: Hello, been coming in here now for quite some time now, now I'm a member! I read through the posts here every day, lots of great info. about every kind of bike. I have a '02 yz426, a few mods, its heavy but fast enough for me, for now! If anyone else here rides in Alaska, drop me an email.
Later Mark

• Frostbite

Posted April 08, 2005 - 06:14 PM

:naughty: Hello, been coming in here now for quite some time now, now I'm a member! I read through the posts here every day, lots of great info. about every kind of bike. I have a '02 yz426, a few mods, its heavy but fast enough for me, for now! If anyone else here rides in Alaska, drop me an email.
Later Mark

Hey Mark, I'm just a bit east of you at 63.44 north, 68.31 west, Iqaluit, Nunavut. Where in Alaska are you?

• Thumper_426

Posted April 08, 2005 - 10:44 PM

Hey I'm in Eagle River. I ride Knik and Sutton. Sometimes Petersville also, a drive itself, but worth it if the weather holds up. Maybe we can get together and ride sometime, but I think your a long ways away from here. Thanks for replying .
Mark

• RCannon

Posted April 09, 2005 - 03:53 AM

Welcome you Alaskan guys.

I was in Anchorage a few weeks ago. INCREDIBLE place. I stopped in the local Yamaha shop to look around. Where do you ride, I asked?

They looked at me like I was retarded. The owner pointed to the mountains east of the city...right there, he said.

• John_Lorenz

Posted April 09, 2005 - 06:49 AM

Welcome to TT :naughty:

• yz_for_me

Posted April 09, 2005 - 08:03 AM

Welcome aboard Thumper_426! I was up there this past summer. I went to a track just off the Old Glen Highway near the Matanuska river in Palmer (don't remember the name of it). I didn't have a bike, but it was still fun to watch. Being able to ride till midnight was pretty cool too. :naughty:

• Thumper_426

Posted April 09, 2005 - 08:35 AM

Thanks guys for the welcome, as for the local Yamaha shop, in Anchorage, and thats the won were you get treated like a nice guy for 10 minutes, then a jerk for the rest of the time you ever spend in there. The track in Palmer is Rival Park. Owend by two guys who love bikes and racing. Theres another place to ride just 15 minutes away from there also that we ride, like last night all the time. Knik Glacier, its a blast, my next bike will be a WR450, that magic button my buddy has really burns me when I can't get mine started as fast as him! haha....I've been coming in here for years, glad I finailly joined awesome motorcycle news and info.

'02 yz426f fast enough, for now!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Frostbite

Posted April 10, 2005 - 07:34 AM

Hey I'm in Eagle River. I ride Knik and Sutton. Sometimes Petersville also, a drive itself, but worth it if the weather holds up. Maybe we can get together and ride sometime, but I think your a long ways away from here. Thanks for replying .
Mark

Hey Mark, you're about 2400 miles west of me. I'm a bit farther north, level with McKinley Park up Highway 3 from you. You also have lots of summer daylight to ride after supper. :naughty:
Do you do much snow riding over there? I see that you guys are 20-30 degrees warmer than me so you may not have to deal with it as much as I do. The advantage of being on the west coast I guess.
Seems that most of my riding is in the snow, about 8 months of the year, so I have adapted.

Frosty

• RCannon

Posted April 10, 2005 - 11:06 AM

Thumper, that cracked me up. Yes, thats the place.

Alaska. The place is so huge. The previous post proves it. Two neighbors that live 2400 miles apart from each other.

• Crabtree426

Posted April 10, 2005 - 07:30 PM

Welcome aboard. I hope to make my first trip to Alaska in the next few years to go hunting and maybe riding.

• Slowmotion426

Posted April 10, 2005 - 07:38 PM

That '02 may be a little heavy, but as long as it'll outrun the bears up there you'll be ok. Welcome to TT. :naughty:

• eski_riderKFX400

Posted April 11, 2005 - 02:16 PM

Hey guys, I'm up in Koyuk, about 140 west of Nome. I have a quad, but I plan to ride the Anchorage area this summer. I have friends who get out to Jodphur (Kinkaid) and they do alot of trails up around Wasilla and also Knik.

In January I shipped my quad down to Arizona and rode Glamis and raced in a WORCS series race. I plan to fly back to it for more of the same, but in the mean time I have a friend who says he will let me use is z400 in the Anchorage area whenever I want.

Check my name out in the May Issue of ATV Sport Mag.

Douggie Swanson

• Thumper_426

Posted April 11, 2005 - 02:26 PM

Hey Douggie, went to Knik this past weekend. Still some snow in spots, rest is muddy and some hard pack, it was a blast none the less! If you get some time to ride down here,give me an email ahead of time for me and some other guys to make plans.
later Mark

• Thumper_426

Posted April 12, 2005 - 02:58 PM

Do any of you guys have an Icat on your yz426f? I hear it helps starting everytime, like Dr. D. hot start, but for the money, is it worth it? I've seen threads on here about it, but couldn't find them. Thanks for any input.
Mark

'02 yz426f fast enough, for now! :naughty:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.