Friend just got a wr426

10 replies to this topic
  • motoxrider969

Posted April 08, 2005 - 02:35 PM

Wow, this bike is insane!! It has a white brothers e-series exhaust. Loud as hell..way too loud. 4 complaints in half hour, cops came, luckily my friends dad was friends with the cops. But there is a problem with the bike, it will not idle for anything. Is the idle screw the one on the carb that has a spring on it and sits against a little plate? Another question, is the white brothers pipe adjustable for sound? Does it have those discs in it where you can remove for it to be quieter?
Also the clutch doesnt catch til its almost completely out, it looked like the lever was fully adjusted, is there another adjustment? Thanks for all the help guys. Kevin

• Math

Posted April 08, 2005 - 06:09 PM

You can adjust for sound but if it's as loud as you describe, this pipe probably needs to be repacked.

As for the clutch thing, there is another adjustment on the left hand side. You can play with it and you'll learn how it works.

The bolt you describe is the one used to set idle. What is the problem? Is it that it does not rev fast enough or is it that the engine bugs at idle. If you have bugs it will need to be jetted properly.

I'm sure E series owners will help you more in a couple of minutes with your pipe.

• motoxrider969

Posted April 09, 2005 - 03:11 PM

The problem with the idle is, you let off the gas and it dies. You have to keep reving it to keep it going.

• Fryboy

Posted April 09, 2005 - 03:50 PM

The problem with the idle is, you let off the gas and it dies. You have to keep reving it to keep it going.

While sitting on the bike, reach to your left side of the carb. You should see a Black knob. This is your Idle screw. Turn that clockwise a little bit at a time. Should work for ya. If not, rip into the carb, and clean all orifices. Take note of your jetting. If it comes to that it will help the TTers determine if you have a bigger problem. Make sure the air filter is clean too.

Good Luck, and tell your friend congrats.

• wr450fyamaha

Posted April 09, 2005 - 05:26 PM

repack the exhost

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • motoxrider969

Posted April 09, 2005 - 06:54 PM

Is the bike suppose to take forever to warm up? Had it warmin up with the choke on for atleast 15 minutes, put the choke off and it would die, pull it out it ran, after about 20 minutes or so it would run with the choke off.

• Fryboy

Posted April 09, 2005 - 10:00 PM

Is the bike suppose to take forever to warm up? Had it warmin up with the choke on for atleast 15 minutes, put the choke off and it would die, pull it out it ran, after about 20 minutes or so it would run with the choke off.

:naughty: Something doesn't sound right. WR's warm up within 30 seconds if that long. The choke should only be needed for 15 - 30 seconds. I can't believe someone would hose the jetting that bad? If so, I would start by going to Stock Jetting. From there you can tinker if you like. I have buddies that have run the JD Kit, and messed with all their settings, only to end up back at stock jetting. I have ran from close to sea level all the way up to 8000 ft. I am sure I could get more but I will not sacrifice the versatility. :D It's your buddies calll

Start by making note of all jets. If he doesn't already have one, purchase a manual or look on the Motoman website for the PDF of it. Worse comes to worse, ask us we will look it up for you.

:naughty:

• motoxrider969

Posted April 10, 2005 - 06:52 AM

I will look at the jets today, maybe. Thanks

• sdracer785

Posted April 10, 2005 - 10:53 AM

:D Something doesn't sound right. WR's warm up within 30 seconds if that long. The choke should only be needed for 15 - 30 seconds. I can't believe someone would hose the jetting that bad? If so, I would start by going to Stock Jetting. From there you can tinker if you like. I have buddies that have run the JD Kit, and messed with all their settings, only to end up back at stock jetting. I have ran from close to sea level all the way up to 8000 ft. I am sure I could get more but I will not sacrifice the versatility. :naughty: It's your buddies calll

Start by making note of all jets. If he doesn't already have one, purchase a manual or look on the Motoman website for the PDF of it. Worse comes to worse, ask us we will look it up for you.

:naughty:

Link to motoman's web site??

• RichBaker

Posted April 10, 2005 - 11:37 AM

Prob'ly has a clogged pilot jet....

• motoxrider969

Posted April 10, 2005 - 01:45 PM

Ya, I'm a retard, It is a yz426, not a wr426. So ya..woops. I did fix the idle though.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.