Electric Start for a 92 XR600?

4 replies to this topic
  • bruosb1105

Posted April 08, 2005 - 12:52 PM

I'm sure this question has been out there before, but I just got a XR600 a couple months ago and hear that there are electric start conversion kits out there. Can anyone give me some advise about putting a electric start on this bike. I know there are kits out there for XR400's but can't find any for the XR600. The bike normally kick starts on two to three kicks, but God help you if you lay it down, the bitch hates it and you have to kick until the cows come home to get it started again. My right leg is twice the size of my left. Any advise would be very helpful, I want my legs to be equal size (no I'm not going to kick it with my left leg..) Thanks

• miguelitro

Posted April 08, 2005 - 01:24 PM

just replaced my 91 600r so i knnow exactly what ya mean. If i wasnt racin i'd just ttake off my helmet, turn the gas off, and have a smoke. then the thing would fire up first kick like allways.
It really sucked racing though, dumped it and stalled maybe 6 times in one race and my right leg hurt for a week!!!
Baja designs makes the e kit i think but i dont know about for that bike
Good luck
Mike

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • XR650L_Dave

Posted April 08, 2005 - 02:17 PM

Well, if you can put XR00 parts on a XR650L, why not the other way around?

The real question will prob. be mounting holes for the starter and if it uses theb same crank.

PS when its flooded after dumping, are you kicking with the throttle full open?

Dave

• Endurordr

Posted June 09, 2005 - 09:26 PM

Anyone have any real info on this question? I have the same exact bike and I'm looking for the same thing. Someone has to know if there is an e-start available. The XR 600 is one of the most popular bikes of all time!!! :)

• x-men

Posted June 10, 2005 - 12:37 AM

when u drop it and it floods (xr600) turn fuel off open choke fully and as u kick it open throttle fully , and when it starts farting back to life quickly throw in the choke (off) and turn the fuel back on.it shold then fire right up. works every time good luck.
Cyclone

Related Content

Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.