PAJ Help...Please!

5 replies to this topic
  • clark4131

Posted April 08, 2005 - 11:34 AM

After looking at the jetting p/n chart, I ordered #7A9-14943-27-00, what I thought was a #100 Pilot Air Jet. Evidently one of two things happened...I got the wrong part, or I don't know where the PAJ is. I thought it was in the rim of the intake bell near the bottom. I removed it and it said it was an #80, but it is a totally different type of jet, a little skiiny one. The one I bought is short and fat with threads about 3/4 of the way along its length, kind of like a large leak jet. Somebody please set me straight as I've got the bike apart and would like to find out where I went wrong. Muchas Gracias...SC

• Jackazz

Posted April 08, 2005 - 11:48 AM

See if this helps.

• clark4131

Posted April 08, 2005 - 11:58 AM

Thanks for the pic, but that's not what my carb looks like, exactly. Where #30 in the schematic is, is where I'm talking about, but the jet that's in there is very small in comparison to the Sudco pic. The Yamaha schematic shows it as part #22 with a p/n of 5TA-14943-19-00 and it is the correct size. They also call it the Main Air jet. Are the Main Air and Pilot Air jets the same thing? This is very weird...SC

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Jackazz

Posted April 08, 2005 - 12:34 PM

Thanks for the pic, but that's not what my carb looks like, exactly. Where #30 in the schematic is, is where I'm talking about, but the jet that's in there is very small in comparison to the Sudco pic. The Yamaha schematic shows it as part #22 with a p/n of 5TA-14943-19-00 and it is the correct size. They also call it the Main Air jet. Are the Main Air and Pilot Air jets the same thing? This is very weird...SC

No, the main air & pilot air jets are seperate & different jets. I wonder if you haven't removed the main, & not the pilot? I thought that our bikes had non removable main air jets, see here. Maybe the main is removable on the '05 models? :naughty:

• clark4131

Posted April 08, 2005 - 03:03 PM

Okie dokie, got it now. I ordered the wrong jet. It would appear the part number chart we have floating around the board is incorrect with regard to the PAJ and MAJ, for the '05 at least. The correct part number is 5TA-14943-27-00. The PAJ IS the one in the intake bell like I thought. Well, I just ran the bike after opening up the airbox a bit more via some Uni Filter Vents and I'm running very lean now...popping on decel and running hot. So, I don't think I'm gonna mess with the PAJ. Thanks for all the help though. At least I won't be Forrest Gumping it through my carb now...SC

• clark4131

Posted April 08, 2005 - 07:33 PM

UPDATE!!!

My problems have been solved. See my other post..."Jetting Problems Are History"...SC

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.