Uncoking my new bike?

2 replies to this topic

Posted April 08, 2005 - 08:19 AM

I have trimed out my intake boot block and i am going to cut out my baffle so i will still have the spark arrestor and hopefully my bike is still fairly quiet. now i don't know how to open my air box and when this is all complete what jets should i put in? also i have already blocked off the soft deceleration valve in my carb. I am basiclly tring to uncork my bike and keep the niose level down so i can ride in thoughs touchy areas that i couldn't with my YZF426.

Also does anybody know anything about digital gauges honda sells for there xr's? I just bought one on E-bay and the guy said it was from the late 80's and honda sold them, it runs on three double A's and plugs into the speedo cable. fits and works perfect on my xr650r but i don't know how to use some of the functions as i have no manual. one thing is for sure it is WAAYYYYY nicer than the trail tech speedo i had on my yz!

Thanks in advance for any input on my questions

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • pb1963

Posted April 08, 2005 - 08:45 AM

Look for an owners manual for an '85 XR600, 350 or 250 on ebay. That should have instructions on how to use your odo/speedo. Those are pretty nice, kind of a collectors item anymore.

• big t

Posted April 08, 2005 - 05:35 PM

www.xr650r.net Go to the link that says "making the xr650r run right(uncorking it)". It has pictures of what you need to remove and where to start at on the jetting.

Related Content

Can anyone identify this xr600 piston? by ms_mtn24

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 4 replies

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

What was your path to Beta? by officialhopsof

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Beta
  • Hot  79 replies

FCR40 Tuning Woes- XR600R by aTuWitty

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  37 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.