03 YZ450 Number of Pins on Cam Chain Between Punch Marks

4 replies to this topic
  • SXP

Posted April 07, 2005 - 09:25 PM

The subject says it all. Anyone know how many pins between the top punch marks on the cams? Thanks.

I've added two pics from each side of the head. The punch mark at 3 o'clock on the intake cam sprocket and the punch mark at 9 o'clock on the exhaust cam sprocket are level with the surface of the head, and there are 13 pins in between the 12 o'clock punch marks on the two cam sprockets. The orientation of the cam lobes is as shown in the second pic.

Is this right for a 03 YZ450F? Thanks.

• Daz_426_02

Posted April 08, 2005 - 12:04 AM

Yeah good question...

Is there any easy way of putting the cam chain back on to the cams and making sure it isnt out by a tooth or two?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • FFRacing79

Posted April 08, 2005 - 03:51 AM

Very easy...just line up the marks as they are intended. :naughty:

• SXP

Posted April 08, 2005 - 10:14 AM

Bumpity bump

• Run-Run131

Posted April 08, 2005 - 11:35 AM

I recently did a top-end on my '04...It was 13 pins between punch marks. From your picture, it looks right.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.