White Bros E2 - What a piece of S*$&#

9 replies to this topic
  • DesertWR

Posted April 07, 2005 - 11:51 AM

Was tearing my bike down for some PM and also to install Lowedog's AIS (by the way, if you loosen the subframe, you can get right to the air box plug!) and I noticed a burned hole in my side # plate. Took it all apart and noticed that the majority of screws in the E2 had fallen out-OK, I should have checked earlier but when I took the pipe off, it sounded like a can of marbles. All of the innards-whatever that charcoal looking stuff is was all busted up and free-floating inside the can-$399.00! :naughty: Took it back to the dealer who claims they will make it right-We'll see. Just some info for those thinking of the E2- I do like the pipe but come on, it only has 350 miles on it :naughty:

• DesertWR

Posted April 07, 2005 - 02:17 PM

FYI,

Took pipe to dealer. All that crystalized stuff was fried packing. These things must run HOT!!! The inside of the pipe looked like a torn up birds nest.

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted April 07, 2005 - 09:11 PM

My buddy BigDavey bought one and it must run hot because its melting his number plate too. He is kinda disapointed because he cant run it uncorked with a spark arrestor. Its an either-or deal. Thats what made me not buy one, I went with the GYT-R and man it is great. Plus I can grab my pipe anytime and its never too hot to touch which is good for me because I am constantly burning my dumb azz on hot pipes.(slow learner)

• Fryboy

Posted April 08, 2005 - 05:10 AM

My buddy BigDavey bought one and it must run hot because its melting his number plate too. He is kinda disapointed because he cant run it uncorked with a spark arrestor. Its an either-or deal. Thats what made me not buy one, I went with the GYT-R and man it is great. Plus I can grab my pipe anytime and its never too hot to touch which is good for me because I am constantly burning my dumb azz on hot pipes.(slow learner)

Do you know how many db's the GYT-R runs at?

• thumper_dad

Posted April 08, 2005 - 05:45 AM

I always said the WB pipe is POS!, they are the loudest pipe at any riding spot I go to, as for the quality, I looked at a brand new one and was not impressed.

I have purchased 6 different pipes from 4 different manufactures and nothing copares to the quality of Yoshimura.

I paid less than 399 for my RS3, the fit and finish are aircraft quality.

Just curious, when they said they were gonna make it right....... why didn't they do it right then?

I smell a rat.

good luck bro.

Rich

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • djv5

Posted April 08, 2005 - 06:28 AM

I am also very happy with the Yoshimura RS-3 on my 2003 WR450f! I have the full system, with the TEC kit. Great power, sound, and craftsmanship. Paid $400 plus $30 for the TEC kit, and $70 for a JD jet kit. Really made a great difference in power and response. No more backfiring or hesitation, and easy starts!

• StreetbikePimp

Posted April 08, 2005 - 08:43 AM

FYI,

Took pipe to dealer. All that crystalized stuff was fried packing. These things must run HOT!!! The inside of the pipe looked like a torn up birds nest.

Did a mouse crawl into your pipe and chew up the packing? :naughty:

It's happen to me before.

• Dan_from_HB

Posted April 08, 2005 - 08:56 AM

Any mfg can leave screws loose. But they should replace it for you.
Now that Tom White is no longer in charge, who knows. But they will likely take care of it.
I know FMF would make it right.

• DesertWR

Posted April 08, 2005 - 11:33 AM

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Just curious, when they said they were gonna make it right....... why didn't they do it right then?

I smell a rat.

good luck bro.[/COLOR]

They tried to repack the can and fix the upper mounting bracket but bent the top of the can. They gave me a brand new E2. Not real pleased to put this back on but for 400.00 I'll run it till it comes apart and go with the Yoshimura after that :naughty: :naughty:

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted April 08, 2005 - 09:29 PM

Do you know how many db's the GYT-R runs at?

I dont know what it tests at. Uncorked it is pretty loud, not obnoxious, but fairly loud. I did get the quiet cap and they say it is USFS legal. But lots of manufacturers say that? :naughty: I know I am very happy and I love the performance, looks, and sound. I dont however have a ton to compare to. My uncle has a FMF power core(WR 426) and it is much quieter. My buddy that has the E2 hasnt run his without the quiet insert so I am not sure on it. The E2 is definately quieter with an insert than my pipe with the quiet cap. Hope this helps.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.