So can I make it Street Legal in Cali?

3 replies to this topic
  • Dwood11

Posted April 07, 2005 - 09:40 AM

I have heard so many different things from dealers and, and friends. So what is the deal with making a green sticker bike, street legal in cali. I have a 99 WR 400f and I was told that I can still make my bike street legal. Is this true? I looked at the DMV site and they say that anything 2004 or up will not be allowed a street legal registration. Someone who knows the real deal, please tell me whats up. THanks all.

• Aris

Posted April 07, 2005 - 04:13 PM

2003 was the last year that you could grandfather in the older bikes. A law will have to be repealed for you to get your green sticker bike registered.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tntmo

Posted April 07, 2005 - 04:30 PM

Take it over the border to AZ and get it titled there, that's about your only reasonable solution. I bought mine already plated out of state and transferred it to CA

• jonova

Posted April 08, 2005 - 11:32 AM

To register your bike in California you missed the boat. As of 2003 they changed the laws regarding dual registration (green sticker and street). However I have seen some people with AZ plates. I'm still trying to get more info but people have gotten AZ plates, titles and never had to set foot in the state. They actually use the ca dmv to do the leg work for them for a small fee. Call the DMV office in Chula Vista CA.

aslo check out baja designs website.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.