Suspension

4 replies to this topic
  • Eric Henion

Posted April 07, 2005 - 08:59 AM

I am a big guy and would like some help in finding somewhere to purchase suspension that will hold up to my weight. I am about 280 with riding gear, I know that the stock suspension is for someone around 200. I just need to know where to buy new springs and which ones to buy. Any help will be helpful. Thanks.

• qadsan

Posted April 07, 2005 - 09:03 AM

Check with a few suspension shops to get their opinions, but I would think you'll need .47kg or .50kg front springs with an 11.5kg rear spring, all of which you can buy through the TT store :naughty:

Thanks for the correction on my typo frankstr!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • frankstr

Posted April 07, 2005 - 01:28 PM

Hey, qadsan, Not to step on toes but that 17kg seems a little soft for the front springs, Don't it... :naughty:

No problem, qadson ......................... :naughty:

• loufish

Posted April 10, 2005 - 07:30 AM

I'm a big guy also, and put off having the suspension done for too long...what a mistake!
I recomend not just changing springs, but have the whole re-valving package done, frt & rear.
I can tell you because the stock bike setup is so far away from my weight, the results from the suspension work blew me away, I had to re-learn to ride, and it also made a huge difference in turning.
Don't just go for the springs...

• 1biglung

Posted April 10, 2005 - 10:49 AM

I recently had my suspension done on my 650L. I went with the .50 front and 11.5 rear and revalve. It makes a world of difference :naughty:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.