Does this make me look fat?

5 replies to this topic
  • Scotty426

Posted April 07, 2005 - 08:47 AM

I'm sure someone knows what my '02 YZ 426f weighed stock? Wet or dry? I hear the 450s weigh less, the head is 10mm shorter and has a lighter ex can. Anyone know the other secrets? Thanks.

• cowboyona426

Posted April 07, 2005 - 08:56 PM

232 was the claimed dry weight from Yamaha. I've never actually weighed mine.

• Scotty426

Posted April 08, 2005 - 08:48 AM

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted April 08, 2005 - 09:44 AM

I hear the 450s weigh less, the head is 10mm shorter and has a lighter ex can. Anyone know the other secrets? Thanks.

The head was 7mm shorter, I believe. As for some of the other stuff, a smaller gas tank, one less gear in the trans (although the four that remain are heavier than the ones in the 5 speed), Titanium exhaust system (except the can), lighter ignition and flywheel cover. I doubt the cam is lighter, what with the flyweight and decomp mechanism added to the assembly. Don't know what all else there might have been.

Considering an '05 weighs 220 pounds, I have no idea where they found it all.

• adrian

Posted April 08, 2005 - 10:02 AM

The frame was somewhere around 5-7 pounds lighter aswell, plastic weighed 1 pound less than the 426s

• Scotty426

Posted April 10, 2005 - 08:22 PM

Wow 5-7 in the frame. The frame is what it is. My clutch cover is already magnesium. It's cheaper for me to go on a diet than buy titanium pipe. Looks like carrots and celery for me. Thanks for all replies.

Related Content

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  106 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.