Moab - April 28-30

No replies to this topic
  • story_rtw

Posted April 07, 2005 - 07:23 AM

So we've all seen Indy's fantastic pictures of their Moab ride. Yes, that's really what the riding in Moab is like. I ride there for a few days each spring. One day we usually do a long ride - White Rim, Lockhart Basin, or Kane Creek. The other days we'll do some of the shorter loops around the Moab area.

I'm going to be there this year from April 28 to May 1. That's the same weekend as the classic car show (see the Moab events web page for details of the car show). It's great to ride in the morning and come back to town to check out the cars in the evening.

If anyone else is going to be in Moab that weekend let me know. My usual riding partners aren't going this year so I'd like to hook up with some other riders. Note that you should be plated to ride in the national parks and streets around Moab. You also need at least a 100 mile range to ride White Rim (more if you ride straight out of town instead of trailering to the start), but you can get by with about a 65 mile range on most of the other trails.

See you on the trails!

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.