Clutch noise

2 replies to this topic
  • Thumper38

Posted April 07, 2005 - 06:24 AM

Does anyone have a little rattle like sound coming from there clutch on ther 05 450? It goes away when the clutch is pulled in! I took a look inside and every thing is new and tight! :naughty:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 450GN

Posted April 07, 2005 - 09:15 AM

i have an 04yz450 and i hear the same thing... like when i put it in neutral and just sit there... can here a little rattle or tick... but one i pull in the clutch it is gone!

dont know if it is bad or anything but i havent had any problems! :naughty:

• grayracer513

Posted April 07, 2005 - 10:25 AM

It's normal for the trans to rattle at an idle in neutral. The engine is actually accelerating and decelerating as it fires and then hits the next compression stroke. This is transferred to the transmission, where it rattles all thegears back and forth against each other. When you pull the clutch in, you disconnect the trans, so the noise stops. Not a problem.

Related Content

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.