Coil on plug mod

7 replies to this topic
  • redright

Posted April 06, 2005 - 08:54 PM

Completed this mod, looks awesome! Runs perfect! Allows access to the BK mod and the rear spring for adjusting. Cleans up the bike nicely. I scored a set of Hayabusa coils WITH the elusive plugs. I have the extra coils with the plugs if any one is interested PM me.

• cowboyona426

Posted April 06, 2005 - 08:57 PM

How much for a coil and plug? I have the Mike Dean setup right now and it's a little bulky and actually the tank hits it when it's all buttoned up. Let me know :naughty:

• mj2412

Posted April 06, 2005 - 11:49 PM

Hy, can you post pictures and what are the elusive plugs.

Thanks Martin

• tythew

Posted April 07, 2005 - 06:23 AM

So does this actually change the performance at all? Or just move the coil from the stock frame mount?

Thanks,
Tristan

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • redright

Posted April 07, 2005 - 09:33 AM

Allows you to remove the bulky coil and brackets that hold it. No performance gains. If you've done the BK mod it allows access to the bolt for adjusting and to your spring for adjusting. Also makes jetting easier due to more open space. Just really cleans things up around the carb area. Took me about 30 min to do. Here is a link to pics:
http://www.thumperta...light=coil plug

The white plug is what is hard to come by. Most salvage yards don't want to part with them without selling the entire harness. I have two extra's $45 shipped to you.

• redright

Posted April 07, 2005 - 02:33 PM

Guess I should have been clear on this before I posted. $45 includes shipping to U.S. only, International will add a little to the price. Sorry

• adrian

Posted April 07, 2005 - 05:45 PM

Just a thought but has anyone who has done this mod tried to mount the rear brake resivior on one of the coil mounts just like the 2 strokers did back then??? It would be nice to get that thing out of the way as I cant afford the 03 master.

• redright

Posted April 08, 2005 - 08:22 AM

Good Question?

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.