YZ Camming My '05

4 replies to this topic
  • clark4131

Posted April 06, 2005 - 06:15 PM

I've decided to go to the dark side and ordered my YZ exhaust cam today from Zanotti's. $103.84 delivered, and I know if I find I'm not a big fan of it then I can likely find someone who'll want to take it off my hands for an even bigger discount. My only concern is with the valve shims. I just adjusted mine after break-in and was curious about how the YZ cam will effect the tolerances, either looser or tighter. The cam ought to be here in a week, so I've got some time to get some shims. I can't imagine that it'll require more than one shim size either way. Anybody out there with some experience in this arena? Gracias...SC

• Psychoone

Posted April 06, 2005 - 06:37 PM

Hey Steve,

Can you give me the website for Zanotti's? That is a great price for the YZ exhaust cam.

Kevin Cummings
Seattle WA
03 WR450F

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • clark4131

Posted April 06, 2005 - 06:54 PM

https://www.zanottim...partLookUp.html

The part number you want is 5TA-12180-00-00...SC

• farkawi

Posted April 07, 2005 - 06:47 AM

It is the same cam with a different timing position, and I'm told a slightly different decompressor config. Machining tolerances can vary some; so the only way to tell for sure is to measure both cams for lobe width at the correct position and note any difference. I wouldn't do that since it is so easy just to pop the new cam in an measure clearance that way......Your choice.

• dehsmp

Posted April 12, 2005 - 11:18 AM

will the yz cam allow the electric start to work? If not, do you have to go with a manual decomp?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.