Stock exhaust mod

9 replies to this topic
  • shawnwt

Posted April 06, 2005 - 03:39 PM

Had some extra time so I made a little insert, excuse the weld I'm still learning to gas weld. Just took some 1"1/2 muffler pipe and used the old insert . Still keeps the noise down.

http://i4.photobucke...01-0180_IMG.jpg

http://i4.photobucke...01-0179_IMG.jpg

http://i4.photobucke...01-0178_IMG.jpg

• NickZwr450

Posted April 07, 2005 - 10:46 AM

all those links are broken

• xcracer123

Posted April 07, 2005 - 01:29 PM

Pics wont come up! Really interested in seeing what you did though. I just acquired an '05 can for my '04 and was considering doing the same thing. My buddy just bought an '05 and didn't like the "look" of the euro type exhaust so I traded out with him. Nice trade, I thought, but will want to do the mods to it.

• basicblues

Posted April 08, 2005 - 08:07 PM

Stay tuned, I'll be posting pictures of my modified 05 exhaust this weekend.

• xcracer123

Posted April 09, 2005 - 04:57 AM

patiently waiting :naughty:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • johunter666

Posted April 09, 2005 - 08:15 PM

What jetting set up are you using with this exhaust? :naughty:

• shawnwt

Posted April 10, 2005 - 07:21 AM

I'm using The JDJetting Kit , I like it alot. Running a 170 MJ 145PJ
The kits blue needle with the clip in the 3rd groove from top. These settings
as per JDJettting sea level to 4000' Elev. I run the fuel mixture screw 11/2 -
2/12 turns..I know there is still room to tweak the jetting but the bike run,s
fine for me. All the free mods have been done.Throttle stop,grey wire,airbox
and that dam air pump...

• basicblues

Posted April 10, 2005 - 12:06 PM

I will be uploading the photo's of my 05' exhaust mod shortly. Since this thread already has large photo's I will post the new information in my original thread link below.

EXHAUST THREAD

• shawnwt

Posted April 10, 2005 - 01:29 PM

nice job bascicblues I'll learn how to post some pictures one day. I also took out the inner baffle. I was able to grind down the inner spot welds with a long die grinder,then nocked it out with a punch.I didn't want two remove the back baffle for fear of being too loud. I see that your removing both of the baffles let us know how the performance and noise levels turn out when your
done. With the one baffle removed and the mod I did to the insert it still keeps the noise and performance is good for me.

• basicblues

Posted April 11, 2005 - 09:13 PM

nice job bascicblues I'll learn how to post some pictures one day. I also took out the inner baffle. I was able to grind down the inner spot welds with a long die grinder,then nocked it out with a punch.I didn't want two remove the back baffle for fear of being too loud. I see that your removing both of the baffles let us know how the performance and noise levels turn out when your
done. With the one baffle removed and the mod I did to the insert it still keeps the noise and performance is good for me.

I guess since I don't have a long die grinder to grind down the inner welds I never thought of grinding from the inside out but that's certainly a good idea. The inner weld are smaller, I sure it still was a pretty good job though. You were right on track from the start with your mod before PMB insert was introduced.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.