I got one too!!

6 replies to this topic
  • skyriver

Posted April 06, 2005 - 01:35 PM

I am stoked!! Got a 2000 XR650R that is street legal here in the green state of Washington. Tough to find. Dan, if you're out there, you took care of this thing. Wish I could meet you to say "good job." It's got the following mods. Please feel free to tell me if they are good or crap. They're all staying unless someone tells me they're defective:
Pro Taper bars.. I'm 6'4" and all back so these feel sweet.
Allied stabilizer... 650 speed- they're probably a must.
IMS pegs
FMF Power Core 4 pipe and headers.... this thing is definitely uncorked..too loud??
ProMoto Billet "Rack-it" that is staying no matter what anyone says!

Only things lacking are bark busters and a speedo. Getting a Trail Tech from the nice guys at High Gear KTM in Monroe. Any recommendations on bark busters?
I can't wait to ride on Friday!!

Stacy

• 600ish

Posted April 06, 2005 - 02:54 PM

Congrats on your new bike :naughty: Look at the Cycra Pro Bend handguards. I used the Acerbis Pro Rallys for a year until they bent pretty bad on a rocky fall and I love the Cycras and they have held up real good and the controls clearance is better than anything I've seen. Have fun, and get something to protect your hands ASAP. Walt :naughty: www.cycra.com

• DualSport650

Posted April 06, 2005 - 03:23 PM

Congratulations on the new XR650R.

Enduro Engineering makes some cool hand guards that are bullet proof...

Posted Image

Get some...
http://www.enduroeng...ebar Components

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • frankstr

Posted April 06, 2005 - 04:45 PM

Welcome to TT,And the BRP Club , ha, Enjoy that bike, Its a great ride... :naughty:

• SaltyWalrus

Posted April 07, 2005 - 10:08 AM

Congrats and have fun! Sounds like it's ready to ride!!!

• hill5150

Posted April 07, 2005 - 10:15 AM

awesome pickup :naughty:

• skyriver

Posted April 07, 2005 - 12:25 PM

Whoops, that's an Applied stabilizer, not Allied. Man, those things are not cheap. Took it on it's first road ride to get gas this morning. I kept the front tire on the ground.... most of the time. :naughty:

Thanks for the links guys.
Stacy

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.