Who uses Ready Racing Pre oiled filters and do you like them?

17 replies to this topic
  • bluethundaaaa

Posted April 06, 2005 - 11:36 AM

I just purchased the last two that Rocky Mtn had for my model. They seem to be having a hard time keeping them in stock. I have been using Uni Filters since I have owned the bike and since Ready Racing Filters only cost $9.00 a filter I don't have any problem tossing these when dirty. However I have yet to use them and wonder what other people have experienced with them??

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted April 06, 2005 - 10:09 PM

I guess you will have to let us know. I have been curious about them as well.

• bigdrtrdr

Posted April 07, 2005 - 07:03 AM

My buddy had one for his new 450x at the Desert 100 in Wa and is taking it back.
It was a cheap flimsy piece of junk. The stocker is a much better design.
He ended up cleaning the stock filter rather then risking useing the preoiled unit.

• elton

Posted April 07, 2005 - 07:36 AM

The other night (late) I cleaned my WR and 300exc filters with gas, washed them, agonized on the gas disposal, went to bed smelling like gas, the garage and house smelled of gas, had to get my kids to use a blow dryer to dry the next day(wife thought I was going to blow-up the kids), hand-oiled them with bel ray, etc., -- very time consuming and delayed my ride that day.

So, I searched here and learned about Race Ready pre-oiled filters. I order (5) for my WR and 300exc -- have yet to use them. Their web site compares them to twin-air, as if they are good -- They will have to be REALLY bad for me to endure the cleaning/oiling process again.

• J_DOGG

Posted April 07, 2005 - 08:21 AM

I agree cleaning sux, let us know.
I will try them even if I hear they are considered average.
My main concern was the foam and how long it would hold up.

I'm an average Joe so it would work for me!

• mmi100sguy

Posted April 07, 2005 - 11:04 AM

ummm, start off by not wasing the filters in gas. it degrades the filteryness of the filter. i like to soak em in paint thinner (much less abrasive then gas) and then give em a good rinse in some simple green. after that, wash em out with water and hang them up to dry. btw: i haven't used the race ready filters but at 9 bucks and prolly plus shipping, it seems eaiser to just buy an extra filter and have one clean all the time. just my .02

• glasseye

Posted April 07, 2005 - 01:19 PM

Ready Racing Filters only cost $9.00 a filter I don't have any problem tossing these when dirty

Yep, more crap for the landfill.

Takes me about 3 minutes to clean a filter. A little detergent and about $.35 worth of filter oil. It would take me an hour to go to the store (or 20 minutes to buy online). Not too sure I understand the convienence here, even if they were as good as reusable filters! :naughty:

just me 2 cents...........

• cgrlvr35

Posted April 07, 2005 - 02:30 PM

I ordered a set. I will use one and see how they will do. I still have my stock and just bought a uni filter. I guess I can oil and bag one for extra security. I dont like the stock filter to my 05 WR450. So would it be smart to grease the end? I also use PJ1 cleaner and spray on oil. working good. Any one use " No Toil filter and oil"./

• ckulzer

Posted April 07, 2005 - 04:46 PM

Don't use No Toil with a Uni filter. Their solvents eat the glue. They know about the problem and recommend that you use the crappy No Toil filters too.

Do a search for Uni and No Toil. There have been threads in the past about this.

Ride fast - take chances.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mountainriderWR400F

Posted April 07, 2005 - 05:16 PM

I have used the ready filter and it worked well they were as described installed quick after a second of waiting for it to bounce back after being vacuumed packed oiled perfect no problems that I could see I used them one time in the desert and once in Steck park sand dunes my only concern was where it met the airbox I did the old trick with grease and then after about 10 minutes of riding I checked the grease line to see if anything had pass through I also put a small amount of grease I mean a small amount in right at the base of the intake boot on the inside of the airbox to see if anything went through the filter it would have stuck to the oil on the inside of the boot and it was clean for the first use of the product it ran fine, worked well and was very simple to install but I still sometimes go back to the regular twin air filter just for craps and giggles used to it after all these years and it is just me but I sometimes enjoyed cleaning the air filter

• moto1020

Posted April 07, 2005 - 08:40 PM

I have used them in my 426 for about a year now I have even cleaned them a few times before i threw them away and had no probs. at all.

• elton

Posted April 12, 2005 - 03:18 AM

I just purchased the last two that Rocky Mtn had for my model. They seem to be having a hard time keeping them in stock.

You can get direct: http://www.readyracing.com/

I just installed my first one on my KTM 300exc. If they are perfectly oiled, I've been using too much Bel Ray oil on my stocker TwinAir filter -- the Maxima does not seem as sticky as the Bel Ray. They are not as thick/foamy as the KTM's TwinAir, but seem thicker than the Yam's stocker. The KTM sucks far more air; always has dirtier filters, so I'll see -- all seems OK.

• ATAZ

Posted April 21, 2005 - 12:18 PM

I just picked up a couple and hope to see that they as reusable as they say they are.

• xr600r

Posted April 21, 2005 - 02:51 PM

Anybody that would clean anything with gas, must have a death wish.
Twin Air makes air filter cleaner....... for a reason.

• BIGMatt

Posted April 21, 2005 - 07:47 PM

Speaking of cleaning air filters, what are the best methods and cleaners that all you TTer's have found?
I have been using HOT HOT water with lots of Simple Green in a small bucket, soak the filter, rub a little, rinse & repeat. Then rinse with clean hot water, and let dry. The Simple Green removes all the dirt, but leaves the filter oil there!!!! Im using Maxima FFT Oil, and Twin Air filter. Works great.
Any better ideas out there??

• simon@vic

Posted April 21, 2005 - 08:21 PM

hot water and dish soap works well............................... hot water then simple green then hot water works very well.

• bigdrtrdr

Posted April 22, 2005 - 08:28 AM

Anybody that would clean anything with gas, must have a death wish.
Twin Air makes air filter cleaner....... for a reason.

I go to a fuel and oil distributer "Nelson Petrolium" and buy 5 gallons of low flashpiont solvent. They pump it out of a barrel. Works great on belray types of filter oil.
On my kids 250f which is almost exclivly ridden on MX tracks all I can say is.

• MotoGoalie

Posted April 22, 2005 - 09:24 AM

I use kerosene, then soap and water....outdoors. I've been doing this for 20 years. It works well.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.