no-toil.....spray or 16oz bottle

8 replies to this topic
  • Sxdude

Posted April 06, 2005 - 08:56 AM

I ordered 12oz spray from TT store and they sent 16 oz bottle.

If you use no-toil which do you like better?

• 226DAD

Posted April 06, 2005 - 09:37 AM

Throw the No-Toil away.

Twin Air bio = more tacky, better water resistance, same clean-up method.

• YZLEE

Posted April 06, 2005 - 11:05 AM

I've only used the bottle-not the spray. Works great for me. :naughty:

• Ga426owner

Posted April 06, 2005 - 12:14 PM

Throw the No-Toil away.

Twin Air bio = more tacky, better water resistance, same clean-up method.

I agree ... a waste of money - anything but no toil......

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted April 06, 2005 - 12:28 PM

I use Maxima FAB-1 spray and their FFT liquid alternately, depending on how much time I have (how lazy I am). The liquid takes longer to set up, apply, and clean up after than the spray, but it does a more thorough job. Dowsing the filter in liquid oil and wringing it into the foam gets it oiled 100% through.

You can do a good job with spray, but you have to work several applications of oil in to be sure you get coverage. Just spraying it on the outside ain't gonna get it. You will miss a spot, and it'll just be on top of the foam.

The Maxima stuff in either flavor is so sticky that I never grease the filter flange anymore. I just smear a layer of the oil on the flange and in a few minutes it's so tacky I can stick it on a wall. Cleans up with any good foam filter cleaner, or simple green, etc.

• Dolce_Grappa

Posted April 06, 2005 - 01:15 PM

I also like the 16oz bottle, no problems with using using no-toil, as of yet. We've used it on a pw50, cr-80, kx-85, drz-110, yz-426, yz-450, and KX-500

• Dano426

Posted April 07, 2005 - 05:57 AM

I have used both and like the spray better. I spray both the outside and inside and work it around with my hands to make sure it is covered. Seems to be more even then dumping it on

• Jackazz

Posted April 07, 2005 - 06:49 AM

I ordered 12oz spray from TT store and they sent 16 oz bottle.

If you use no-toil which do you like better?

I wanted to use twin air stuff but couldn't find it locally & didn't have time to wait for it to show up from the TT Store. Went to local dealers & all I could find was the 16oz no-toil.

Take your cleaned filter & throw it in a 1 gallon zip-lock freezer bag, dump some oil in, seal it up (make sure to get as much air out as possible while sealing the bag), & work it into the filter. :naughty:

• Sxdude

Posted April 07, 2005 - 07:55 AM

I wanted to use twin air stuff but couldn't find it locally & didn't have time to wait for it to show up from the TT Store. Went to local dealers & all I could find was the 16oz no-toil.

Take your cleaned filter & throw it in a 1 gallon zip-lock freezer bag, dump some oil in, seal it up (make sure to get as much air out as possible while sealing the bag), & work it into the filter. :naughty:

thanks, that was my next question. I guess dunking filter in a container would cause excess oil.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.