Any one have an recomendations companies to go with for theft insurace

5 replies to this topic
  • jlm400

Posted December 19, 2000 - 11:24 AM

any help is appreciated. Looks like most companies are wanting me to get liability as well.

• '00_in_Calgary

Posted December 19, 2000 - 02:01 PM

well, you have to love this one.. Here in Alberta, Canada, the provincial gov forces you to have liability and everything else is optional. (ie: theft, collision, etc). It never fails to amuse me to see 2-smoke mx-ers with license plates :)
My policy is with Jevco Jevco is notorious for blacklisting bikes that might cost them money, but somehow I am listed with them. (I'm sure it's a Canadian thing)

• CAB

Posted December 19, 2000 - 02:51 PM

Progressive insures lots of bikes, including mine, at highly competitive rates.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tige

Posted December 21, 2000 - 06:46 AM

i have a 2000 wr400 & progresive charges me $200 a year. the key is to tell them you keep the bike locked up in your garage

• DaveJ

Posted December 21, 2000 - 10:11 PM

I use Sullivan and Sullivan, (800-696-1478)which is $136, down from $144 of last year. If I go to a 15/30/10 plan, it goes down to $125. Well worth it.

And correct, the trick is to tell them you keep it in a locked "garage".

• Boit

Posted December 21, 2000 - 11:13 AM

I better get in gear and get some insurance. When I was reviewing my home owner's policy with my agent back in February, I asked if my policy would cover the bike if it was stolen from my garage. I was told it would be covered only if the bike was disassembled. Life is so complicated!

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.