99 yz400 cdi

1 reply to this topic
  • ex_junkie

Posted April 05, 2005 - 06:51 PM

Wasup everyone. My names justin. I'm in the process of putting a 99 yz400 engine in my 03 400ex. Everythings pretty much done except i can't catch a cdi on ebay. Well those things are pretty price form the dealer and i think it's vortex that has one. I know i'm a cheap a$$ but i'm trying to get this done on a budget. Been selling all the parts from the ex i don't need and picking up the parts for the yz motor. So back to the question. Anyone know where i can get one for a reasonable price. After missing one on ebay that went for $45.00 now i really hate to spend alot on one.

I've noticed that theres a few aftermarket cdi's on ebay for the 450 and 426 but no one i emailed can get one for a 400. Whats the deal with the 400 cdi?.

Another thing i was wondering was if i could use the 426 or 450 cdi. If i put the 450 exhuast cam in the motor shouldn't i be able to use that cdi since it will be timed like the 450? OR am i just thinking about this all wrong.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ex_junkie

Posted April 07, 2005 - 03:15 PM

nobody knows?

Related Content

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.