YZ426: Beast Master Edition...

4 replies to this topic
  • Yamahoss 426

Posted April 05, 2005 - 11:53 AM

I just bought a '00 426 a couple of weeks ago. :naughty: It is the bike of my dreams! It had super low hours on it, and I got a sweet deal to boot. I have dubbed it "The Attitude Adjuster". It rips like no other, and it sounds angry as hell! My friends refuse to ride behind me because of the rocks/mud/dust it kicks up (Not like they can hang and keep up with me now anyway). These forums have been great too, theres sooo much good info on the 426 here. I've been reading up on everything for a while, and decided it was time to post today.

Before the YZ I've been riding a '03 GasGas EC200 two stroke. It was my first bike, and I didn't really know what I was doing when I bought it last March. Not a bad bike, good to learn on, easy to maintain, but not the right bike for me now. I had a chance to ride a friend's '01 426 last summer and it left me starving for more of the same ever since :D .

So far the bike has been AMAZING. It kicks on the first or second kick every time so I can't see the need for the cam mod. I don't even need the hot start, or choke when warmed or hot. I did put a CR8EK plug in. The power is incredible, one quick wack on the throttle and the front tire is up like nothin! The top end power is like instant white knuckles :naughty: So far I've had it on the track and trails, and getting it airborn is very nice. Its been jetted perfectly from what I can tell, the valve spacing was checked and is good. Going to do my first oil change on it this weekend.

Anyway, glad to be here, just wanted to say hi and tell everyone about my bike. I'll try and get some pictures of it soon. Oh yeah and if anyone is interested in an '03 GasGas it is very for sale now :D

• grayracer513

Posted April 05, 2005 - 11:57 AM

Welcome to the fold. :naughty:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cowboyona426

Posted April 05, 2005 - 12:46 PM

The 00 is a great bike, you'll love it more every time you ride. Welcome to the club!

• buck_y_lee

Posted April 05, 2005 - 04:59 PM

I share your love, Yamahoss. :naughty:

• Slowmotion426

Posted April 06, 2005 - 01:16 AM

I have an '01 426. Best bike I have ever owned by far. :naughty:

Related Content

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.