Bronze member status

6 replies to this topic
  • bigtom17

Posted April 05, 2005 - 08:07 AM

If some people can ask dumb quetions about setting the sag on our forks and are bronze members. Shouldn't I be bronze at 100 posts with smart answers. Or is bronze just the factor of how many dumb questions can be posted.

• TimBrp

Posted April 05, 2005 - 08:38 AM

Dude duck!!!....Whew....didn't think your head could fit in this forum. Go fly a kite, and give the poor guy a break.

• roadcam

you might have something there ... HA! ... got another post, thanks :naughty:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • frankstr

E, All the above....... :naughty:

• JackAttack

Posted April 05, 2005 - 08:52 AM

If some people can ask dumb quetions about setting the sag on our forks and are bronze members. Shouldn't I be bronze at 100 posts with smart answers. Or is bronze just the factor of how many dumb questions can be posted.

FYI, I felt that the springs I had put in the forks for my weight had broken in after a season of riding and were producing too much sag in the forks. I added a pre-load washer under the fork cap to adjust the fork sag a little higher.

I go to the dunes a couple times a year and add a little more pre-load in the forks to adjust the sag even more. Along with changing the compression setting it keeps a bike with this much weight on the front tire from diving in the sand at speed.

• bigtom17

Posted April 05, 2005 - 08:57 AM

Sorry, I came in kind of bitchy this morning. Not usually so aggressive.

• TimBrp

Posted April 05, 2005 - 09:03 AM

Being agressive with intelligent comments is fine. If you've got the know-how I'm sure tirebiter would love the expertise rather than the badgering, that's all.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.