06 YZF Photo??????????

44 replies to this topic
  • INJURY_69

Posted April 06, 2005 - 11:05 AM

Whoo-who!!! The debate is over! swa-eet!!!

• Thumper38

Posted April 06, 2005 - 11:10 AM

I can't wait to here some kind of ride report!!!!!!

• Joe_Jet

Posted April 06, 2005 - 11:32 AM

YYYYYYEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS!

The "fisheye" lens photo is obviously distorted. The side view photo of the 250 looks good. The new plastic looks killer, swept up rear fender. I noticed they ditched the handhold in the side plate. "The 450 motor is reportedly significantly updated!" The 450 motor looks like the cylinder/head assembly are much lower!

• Ga426owner

Posted April 06, 2005 - 12:07 PM

they both look similar to what MXA's article talks about Heath Voss's 450 having the radiators lowered - to lower the CoG (center of gravity)....I hope all the rumors regarding new motor for 07 and no alum frame for 06 are all false including direct communication to me from yamaha people.... :naughty:

• Joe_Jet

Posted April 06, 2005 - 04:59 PM

they both look similar to what MXA's article talks about Heath Voss's 450 having the radiators lowered - to lower the CoG (center of gravity)....I hope all the rumors regarding new motor for 07 and no alum frame for 06 are all false including direct communication to me from yamaha people.... :naughty:

Of course they're saying no new bike. They still have 05's to sell.

I wonder if they're going to switch from Excels to DID Dirt Stars???

• ThumperKid250F

Posted April 06, 2005 - 05:55 PM

""""Technical information was scarce, but the bikes feature aluminum perimeter frames, and the YZ450's motor is reportedly significantly updated. """"

does that mean the motor is going to be diff. than the 05 bike

• YZFan

Posted April 06, 2005 - 06:41 PM

go to cyclenews.com there are a couple more pics. look good. later Rob

• tnl

Posted April 06, 2005 - 06:49 PM

The large plastic shrouds make it look more like an enduro :naughty:

• rmracer27

Posted April 07, 2005 - 03:13 AM

The more I look at those shrouds I'm not sure if I like them or not. The graphic kit for that bike will be a higher price one..

• sirthumpalot

Posted April 07, 2005 - 03:51 AM

With the perimeter frame they should be able to store the gas lower. i.e. the fuel holding area will be down between the frame spars as opposed to on top of the frame. Hopefully that will have an effect on the top heavy feel. I wonder what else they did to try to eliminate the top heaviness. That seems to be one of the biggest complaints as compared to competitors bikes and I'm sure Yamaha is smart enough to tackle the issue head on.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ga426owner

Posted April 07, 2005 - 05:54 AM

Of course they're saying no new bike. They still have 05's to sell.

I wonder if they're going to switch from Excels to DID Dirt Stars???

man they still have 04's and 05's to sell............... :naughty:

• Jackazz

Posted April 07, 2005 - 07:02 AM

Check out the oil tank behind the skid plate. Keeps the dry sump and lowers the CG all at the same time. :naughty:

Can you say Honda 450X? :naughty:

You know even if the '06 YZ has this frame or some version of it (I wonder if the production models will be bare alu, like the current 250?) that the WR's wont get it until '07... :D

• RedRida110

Posted April 07, 2005 - 08:40 AM

Can you say Honda 450X?

I thought the 450X had the overflow for the coolant behind the skid plate, not an oil tank.

• Jackazz

Posted April 07, 2005 - 11:32 AM

I thought the 450X had the overflow for the coolant behind the skid plate, not an oil tank.

You are correct sir! :naughty: I just felt that the idea of putting fluids down there to lower weight was the same.

• Satch0922

Posted April 07, 2005 - 06:43 PM

this is what we have all been waiting for !

Keep in mind that when the 125/250 alum framed bikes were being tested/raced in Japan they had their frames painted blue....to throw off the leering press....

• ThrakenH04

Posted April 07, 2005 - 07:56 PM

Im sorry but to me, those tank shrouds are the biggest and ugliest things I've ever seen. Since Yamaha oviously has alot of space, why not go with a blue tank to match the shrouds and then move the two mounting point alittle closer to the front. Kinda like what Suzuki's RMZ450's tank and shroud looks like. If that makes any sense to you guys.

• RedRida110

Posted April 07, 2005 - 08:06 PM

You are correct sir! I just felt that the idea of putting fluids down there to lower weight was the same.

Gotcha :naughty:.

• cowboyona426

Posted April 07, 2005 - 08:46 PM

Im sorry but to me, those tank shrouds are the biggest and ugliest things I've ever seen. Since Yamaha oviously has alot of space, why not go with a blue tank to match the shrouds and then move the two mounting point alittle closer to the front. Kinda like what Suzuki's RMZ450's tank and shroud looks like. If that makes any sense to you guys.

Because they are trying to keep the graphics off the tank so they don't turn yellow. I have faith that they will change the shroud design before they start producing them.

• DPW

Posted April 08, 2005 - 04:31 AM

It's pre-production bike in the pics..relax guys. I'm sure the shrouds will change and the frame will be shiny silver when it hits the showroom.

• MxHuggy

Posted April 08, 2005 - 07:56 AM

It also looks like it will be even more difficult to get to the carb to make jetting changes :naughty:

The carb is covered by the frame!!

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.