broke down away from home

4 replies to this topic
  • pudadin

Posted April 04, 2005 - 08:01 PM

Last week while exploring Hollister Hills in No Cal I had an problem spark..anyway, I was wondering what you vets bring with you in your gear bag for on the trail breakdowns. We were able to get tie downs and tow me back to camp...that was a pain. What should I bring to be prepaired while not bringing my entire tool box!!

• endurodog

Posted April 04, 2005 - 08:10 PM

I carry a fanny pack with a pair of pliers, both types of screw drivers, a knife, vise grips, spark plug wrench, open end wrenches in 8mm, 10mm, 12mm. A small socket wrench in the same sizes plus a 6mm. A master link, brake and clutch lever, electrical tape, a section of fuel line, some safety wire, spare spark plugs (some change and paper money, change for a pay phone if I run across one) a power bar, and some toilet paper. Then a Camelbak.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • pudadin

Posted April 04, 2005 - 08:24 PM

Thanx Rex! What about instant flat tire repair products..ya know directly into the tub w/ co2 included. do you carry a tow strap? That would have been nice last week. How about that puddy that dries like metal?

I also carry an emergency blanket a basic medical stuff.

• glasseye

Posted April 05, 2005 - 09:19 AM

I carry a rope. When there is a breakdown, it gets tied to the BACK of my bike.

• endurodog

Posted April 05, 2005 - 09:25 PM

That list is pretty much my standard bring along stuff for a normal ride. If I'm going deep into the woods, desert, mtns, my buds and I usually get together and make sure we have a couple of extra sets of tubes, tire irons, inflator, metal puddy, rain gear, a few first aid items. That requires that I have to carry a back pack in addition to my fanny pack.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.