PMB insert for the 05 WR450 opinions?

16 replies to this topic
  • JeffWR

Posted April 04, 2005 - 06:53 PM

Since the PMB insert is just replacing the pea shooter part is it quieter with it? Or is it comparable to no pea shooter installed? Any drawbacks with just leaving the pea shooter part out?
Thanks in advance, Jeff

I see Domencia_WTF likes it.

• jim-in-so-ore

Posted April 05, 2005 - 05:41 AM

I have the PMB insert in my 05 muffler(on an 03 bike). I really believe that it is quieter with the insert in, than with it out. It seems to resonate inside the end cap with the insert out. I modified the pea shooter to exhale better but when PMB got theirs on the market, I went with a REAL insert instead of my cobby homemade unit. It seems to run much better.
Jim

• Domenic_WRF

Posted April 05, 2005 - 06:46 AM

Domenicia? :naughty: &%$#@!... :D 94 db's...but if you want max power replace the silencer with a aftermarket system.. :naughty:

• JeffWR

Posted April 05, 2005 - 06:31 PM

I apologize for botching your name but I am not too good with computers and surfing around to find the correct spelling. Again I am sorry.
Jeff

• Domenic_WRF

Posted April 05, 2005 - 07:08 PM

Just having a little fun with ya.. :naughty: Still the pmb insert is for us Cali guys to stay legal..more power and noise from full blown aftermarket systems.. :D I could never get the old wr400 to pass at the hare scrambles with a PC496..WB E2..FMF Q..WB Pro-meg w/4 disc's and Q core (not in order)..ended up with a PMB insert and allot less $ to my name :naughty:

• DLTK

Posted April 05, 2005 - 07:57 PM

have one on my 05 made big difference on performance and still quite :naughty:

• DeltaT

Posted April 05, 2005 - 10:53 PM

I have both the PMB insert and the GYTR for the 04, and no matter what jetting I have in (stock or the current JD kit), the bike runs better with the GYTR insert and is quieter. Haven't seen the 05 inserts yet.

J

• WheelsUp

Posted April 05, 2005 - 11:30 PM

Haven't seen the 05 inserts yet.

Totally different muffler design, thus, a totally different insert design.

It's basically the same as stock, but increases the area of the stinger by about 50%.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JeffWR

Posted April 06, 2005 - 04:12 AM

Anybody have or seen the '05 GYTR insert yet? Is it like the '04 that matches up with the 2 smaller pipes inside the muffler? I'm sure the tail end needs to be different? What does the PMB insert look like on the inlet, anyone have pics?
I seem to be over analyzing this but I just haven't seen any pics on the inlet portions for both inserts and the entire GYTR insert, sorry to be labor the issue. I do like how the PMB insert tails looks like it fits in the end cap cap, very nice finishing job.

Thanks for all your help, Jeff
Just love my WR450 :naughty:

• stonewall

Posted April 06, 2005 - 04:31 AM

Check this thread by DOMENIC_WTF. It has pics of the stock insert and the PMB side by side. I have the PMB on my 05 and it works great. Makes good power and is just as quiet as the stock insert.

PMB Insert Pics

• JeffWR

Posted April 06, 2005 - 06:16 AM

Thanks a lot stonewall, this helps. Are you saying the PMB insert is as quiet as the stock pea shooter insert?

• GasAHolic

Posted April 06, 2005 - 03:31 PM

It is great to hear that you guys like the inserts, thank you for considering us. If you need anything, let us know. :naughty:

I'd like to recieve a sample unit to install, test and report for you, with my report exchanged fairly for your product... Now there's a reasonable offer :naughty:

• chiefsfan.58

Posted April 06, 2005 - 11:56 PM

GasAholic stole my post :naughty: :D !!!!!! I read this thread last night and went to the PMB sight right after and purchased the damn thing......... I love the internet and the day the package arrives is just like Christmas :D !
can you guys try to start threads and keep them about products for this bike that cost less than 10-20 duckets please? thanks :naughty:
peace

• jasilva

Posted April 07, 2005 - 10:41 AM

Domenicia :naughty: It was good riding with you Sun. I wish I had known your little secret before though. :naughty:

Joe

• Domenic_WRF

Posted April 07, 2005 - 11:07 AM

Domenicia :naughty: It was good riding with you Sun. I wish I had known your little secret before though. :D

Joe

:D :cry: :D How did you like the snow? :D White out conditions, what could be better for the old WR's to strut their stuff :naughty:

• jasilva

Posted April 07, 2005 - 06:52 PM

:D :D :D How did you like the snow? :naughty: White out conditions, what could be better for the old WR's to strut their stuff :naughty:

Good stuff, at least until it whited out and my goggles fogged. I used to wonder why you and MR liked Foresthill so much with Georgetown nearby but I have to say that place was some great riding.

Joe

• JeffWR

Posted April 08, 2005 - 07:53 AM

Thanks guys for the input. I ordered the PMB Insert last night thru the TT store, along with a mess of other "essential" items. :naughty:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.